10. the winter air

─── · 。゚☆: *

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The great hall was rather empty that morning. Many students sleep in during the weekend or want to pack early for the winter break. Willow sat at the Ravenclaw table alone, eating a few pastries while drinking pumpkin juice.

"Could we go to your place for the holiday break?"

Willow turned her head, seeing Apollo and Theo sit beside her. "I can ask my parents, but you should be able to."

"Can we tag along?"

She turned her head, noticing Marlo and Diego walking over towards them. "Sure, why not? Let's bring the whole school while we're at it. Marlo hopped over to the table sitting across from the group, while Diego sat beside Willow.

"That's the spirit!" Marlo grinned at her before his gaze shifted somewhere else.

Theo chuckled, "You fancy someone, Marlo?"

"No, it's Mattheo." Marlo turned his head back towards the group. "Don't look, he's looking." Apollo turned his head to get a look but Marlo reached over the table and smacked him. "Dude!"

"Sorry," Apollo rubbed his arm where Marlo hit him. "I just wanted to look."

Willow picked up her spoon, tossing it behind her, acting as though she dropped it. When she turned, she noticed Mattheo was staring at her like she was praying. "I'll be back." She mumbled to the group.

"What?" Diego glanced back at her before his gaze shifted to Mattheo, noticing his eyes on Willow.

Apollo gently grabbed Willow's hand, "Be safe."

She nodded her head, before walking towards Mattheo who was now staring at his food. When Willow reached him, she sat beside him. "Is there something you need?" She spoke up.

Mattheo turned his head towards her, "You're the one who came over here."

"You're the one who was staring at me like I'm a piece of meat."

A smirk grew on his lips. "I mean you are technically." Willow rolled her eyes before swinging her legs around to stand up, but Mattheo grabbed her wrist. "I want to stay at your house as well."

"No," Willow said quickly like it was instinct.

He scratched his eyebrows. "Why not? You're bringing my brother, but I am not allowed?"

"Apologizes, but sorry I do not trust you around my family. It's just you are. . . you know, mini Voldemort." Willow turned her head slightly, grabbing a biscuit off of Mattheo's plate. "Now, if you do not mind, I would like to head back to my friends."

Willow stood up, and as she started to begin to walk away, she heard Mattheo's voice. "I am going to your house." Willow froze, wanting to snap back, but he spoke up. "I will not cause your family harm, I simply want to gather more information on you. And make sure you do not hurt my brother."