14. jealousy

─── · 。゚☆: *

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The house was silent, the sky began to glow as the sun was rising. Willow sat on her bed reading a book, Augustine, her cat, sat beside her curled up.

Suddenly there was a soft knock on her door. "Come in." She announced to the person.

The door opened before being shut once again. Willow looked to the staircase to see who was coming to see her so early in the morning. The familiar black curly locks of Mattheo Riddle came into view.

"Riddle?"

He stood at the top of the staircase, looking towards her. "I just came to see if we were still going shopping."

Willow completely forgot about it. The events of last night made her forget her plans to go shopping. "Yeah." Willow placed her bookmark in her book before shutting it, and setting it on her bed. "It will help me take my mind off certain things."

Mattheo hummed.

"We will leave soon. I'm just gonna go shower and get ready." Willow stood up, causing Augustine to jump down.

Mattheo noticed the small fluffy black cat. "You have a cat?"

Willow glanced toward him while she looked through her dresser. "Yeah, I don't bring her to Hogwarts though." She turned back to her clothes. "After the events of the second year, she couldn't handle being there."

Augustine brushed against Mattheo's leg causing the boy to look down to the cat. "What happened second year?"

"The whole chamber of secrets things happened." She turned her attention to Mattheo, giving him a look as though he was dumb.

"Yeah. . ." He paused for a moment. "What about it?"

"I was one of the muggle-borns who was petrified."

"Oh." Mattheo nodded before looking back to the cat.

"Augustine went four months without seeing me. She didn't want to be around anyone. Poor cat thought I was dead." Willow grabbed some clothes and walked towards the stairs, standing in front of Mattheo. "Now go get ready, I'll meet you in the living room when I'm done." Willow walked past him, walking out of her room.

It never crossed Mattheo's mind that Willow could have been one of her young father's victims. It made sense to him now why her parents were so terrified of Voldemort that they would want to move out of the country.

. *     ✦ .  ⁺   .

The heat from the fireplace warmed Mattheo up as he waited for Willow. Suddenly he heard footsteps coming down the stairs, he turned noticing Willow walk into the room. "Finally you ready." He stood up. "Took you long enough."