13. in danger

─── · 。゚☆: *

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The dark night sky took over the once light gray cloudy sky. Mattheo was sitting on Willow's bed, he had been reading one of the books she had on her bookshelf. He had been sitting in there for about an hour, the warm yet cool feeling of Willow's room calmed Mattheo down.

A knock interrupted Mattheo's reading, he glanced towards the stairs. "Yeah?" He called out.

"It's me."

Mattheo set the book down, walking down Willow's stairs, and then opening the door.

"I just wanted to come check on you."

Mattheo studied Willow's face, "I did that?" A short jagged line ran across the bridge of Willow's nose.

"Yeah, but I'm fine." Willow shook her head. "Do you feel better?"

"Yeah." Mattheo nodded, "Your room is. . . Something. It looks like Christmas threw up in it."

Willow chuckled, crossing her arms. "Well, Christmas is my favorite holiday." Mattheo hummed, "But I also came to say that supper is ready."

Mattheo nodded his head, walking out of Willow's room, and shutting the door behind him.

As the two were walking Willow turned her head, "I was wondering if you wanted to come with me to go shopping. I gotta get gifts for my family and some for the boys."

Mattheo thought for a moment, he needed to figure out more about Willow, this strange sense of knowing her before tugging at him. "Yeah, sure, I got nothing better to do."

Willow looked forward, holding back her smile. She thought that maybe this time she could help Mattheo.

They finally got downstairs and sat at the large table. Mattheo watched as Willow went and sat between Dorothea and Apollo. The only open seat left was at the opposite end of the table next to Marlo.

Mattheo walked over, sitting down beside his brother who glanced over to him. "You feeling better?" He whispered.

"Yeah, sure." Mattheo's attention is only on Willow. He could sense something was off about her but could not put his finger on it.

Willow's mother came out of the kitchen setting the food out on the table. Willow and Dorthea fought over who would get the mashed potatoes first. Apollo laughed watching the sight in front of him.

Suddenly the front door was opened and then slammed shut. Everyone froze, before Ivy appeared, standing in the doorway of the dining room. "Oh." She paused, her eyes glancing over the boys. "I didn't know there were guests."

"Ivy, you're able to be here for Christmas?!" Willow stood up rushing towards her sister. "I was upset we wouldn't be able to do our tradition but now that you're here we can!"