32. moving

─── · 。゚☆: *

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The toaster oven dinged as Diego grabbed the toast out. "What's your deal?" He turned his head, noticing Mary looking at him. "Your all dark, mysterious--"

"It's none of your business." He said dryly as he turned back to his toast, putting the avocado he cut up on it. 

"and a dick." Diego glared at her before grabbing his plate and sitting down. "So--" Mary paused for a moment, watching the boy eat his food. "The slutty guy killed your family, huh?"

"I don't want to talk about it." His voice laced with venom, Mary only nodding in response. 

Suddenly the door that led to the kitchen opened, revealing Willow and Mattheo. Mary raised a brow, grinning a bit. "Well, you two look cheery."

Diego turned his head, looking at Willow. She had a small smile on her face, along with Mattheo. "I scared him awake." She blurted out, chuckling a bit. "He screamed like a girl."

"I did not." Mattheo turned glaring at her, "You lie."

They bickered a bit, Diego glaring daggers at Mattheo. "Hey mate," he glanced over to Mary. "You might wanna go easy on your cup." Diego glanced down at the plastic cup in his hand that was beginning to crack. 

Diego turned his attention to a rat that sat by the window, watching the group. He stared at it in confusion before it ran off. He thought for a moment, ignoring Mattheo and Willow. Diego quickly stood up, "We need to go!"

"What why?" Willow looked at him confused, "I'd like to eat my bloody bagel."

"They know were are here, there was a bloody rat in the window staring at us before running off. Normal rats don't do that." Diego pointed to the window, where it was now empty.

Mattheo laughed deeply, standing up, and walking towards Diego. "You've truly lost it, mate."

"Don't mate me." Diego stepped closer, glaring at Mattheo. 

Willow looked between the boys, "Diego, perhaps you are overreacting a bit."

Diego turned his attention from Mattheo to Willow, a slit tug at his heart. "You taking this gits side?! We need to go, they are going to be here any minute!"

Mary glanced outside, "Wonder if it's supposed to rain today. Better not, I was planning on taking Judith out for a ride."

The anger was building up in Diego and Willow could feel it. She stood up, moving Mattheo aside, and grabbed Diego's hands. "Hey, I know we are in a pretty fucked up situation, but you don't--"

"Why are you on his side?" He tugged his hands away, looking down at Willow. "He killed your family, killed my parents. My parents weren't great but I didn't want them dead. I don't want you to end up being another person that bloody git gets killed. I want us to leave because they are coming."