Chapter 31 - Training room

"Dana will probably want to speak with me for a while," Edward told her as she came out of the meeting room. He turned to face her, "So you're on your own today. You can go back to the house if you want." People passed them and greeted Edward.

"I think I'll look around." Sky had wanted to rest before, but now her mind was too full; she needed something to do. Edward smiled and nodded.

"Don't get lost." He turned away from her and looked over his shoulder, "And don't fall in the water." Sky watched him walk away down the corridor until she couldn't see him. She stood in the middle of the hall for a full minute before she heard the sound of Thomas' voice. Sky forced herself to move forward before the Belladonna's crew found her.

She walked quickly, not really going anywhere but committing her route to memory so she could find her way back. The halls were crowed and Sky had to push past some people with a weak 'excuse me' which earned her odd looks.

She walked down the hall and looked over her shoulder hoping a certain pirate wasn't following her. Distracted, she didn't see the two boys that rushed past her on either side. They were young; only children and they laughed when Sky tripped.

"Hey!" Sky called out in annoyance causing them to snicker. One of the boys spun and hopped backwards facing her with a cheeky grin. He looked about ten and had dark eyes.

"You're not from here." He grinned, his young face alight with mischief. Sky stared at the boy in confusion as people walked past them. She looked for the other boy, but saw that he wasn't with his friend. "I'm surprised you weren't killed yesterday considering we almost knocked you over. How can you fight if you can't even stand?"

Sky realised that he was deliberately being provocative. She had never really had much experience with children.

Lucus. The boy's face in front of her warped into one she had known. Flashes of red and steel consumed her mind and Sky became paralysed. She felt something from behind her. I'm going to die.

High pitched laughter shattered Sky's dream-like state and she was standing in the hall again. The other boy appeared from behind her and ran to his friend. They grinned at each other and Sky frowned. The boy handed something to his friend who smirked at Sky superiorly.

"Thanks." Sky tilted her head confused until she saw what the boy hand in his hand. He spun the white gun around his finger, all the while smiling at Sky. "Nice pistol." With that, the two boys turned and disappeared into the crowded hall.

"Wait!" Sky yelled. "Little bastards." Sky grumped angry that they had bested her and darted after them.

She shoved through the people, her eyes scanning for the two little boys. As they were much smaller than everyone else it was difficult to see. As she rounded a corner, Sky spotted them disappearing through a door way. She followed and found herself outside in the cool morning air.

"Oh, so you chasing us, are you?" The same boy baited as he waved Dustin's white gun in the air.

"Give it back!" Sky yelled. She ran after them glad that there were barely any people out here. The boys laughed at her and Sky gritted her teeth. Never will I have children. Ever.

"Come on then! Come and get it." They bolted off down one of the paths leading to a huge building. It was smaller than the main one Sky was standing in front of, but had many more windows and one large dark wooden door. The roof of the building seemed to be open and Sky wondered what on earth it could be used for.

The boys opened the door and disappeared inside. Sky followed them careful not to fall into the sludge below. She banged on the wood and pushed surprised that they had left it open. She shoved hard, the door fell away to reveal an enormous empty space.