Chapter 38- Captain's Cabin

It was the warm sun on her bare legs that finally woke Sky. She purred and let her eyes adjust to the yellow light that filled the Captain's Cabin. Next to her Dustin lay raised on his elbows and looking down at her with bright eyes that shone with disbelieve.

"You stayed..." His voice was slightly lower and washed over Sky like a warm blanket.

"Of course I stayed." She replied her morning voice a lot less attractive than his, "Damn those blasted hammocks," She rolled over onto her back regardless of the uncomfortable dress and stretched, "Give me a bed over those sacks."

Dustin watched her with clear eyes. "Hammocks?"

Sky looked at him and smiled. "Never mind." She pushed herself up into sitting position so that she was now higher than him. It hit her that she had just technically slept with a man and she could imagine her farther throwing a fit. She smiled even more.

"What?" Dustin asked looking concerned.

"Nothing. I'm just happy." She said truthfully, because she was happy. Sure, the king was planning on massacring hundreds of lives, but they were ready for that. She had seen James, had spoken to him... in a way but he had still cared for her. He had never really forgotten about her, as proved by Lady Bolivia and Dustin who said he had told them about her.

And she was happy because the man she cared for also cared for her.

Dustin leaned up so that he too was sitting, his body inches from her. Sky could feel the heat coming off his bare chest. "I want to kiss you." Dustin admitted and Sky frowned at his bizarre remark.

"You've never asked before." Sky answered.

"I didn't want to scare you off after last night." He leaned into her but still didn't move to kiss her. Sky closed the gap and looked up at him.

"I don't think you could scare me off after last night." The corner of Dustin's lips twitched up and Sky kissed him. It was not a long kiss; just a small peck of their lips, but it turned Sky's happiness into a warm bliss.

"Sky, I think I might-"

The door of the cabin flung open both Sky and Dustin jumped and their eyes snapped to Thomas. He took one look at their position on the bed and grinned.

"Sorry, I'll come back later." He turned to leave and Sky felt Dustin growl.

"Thomas." The pirate faced his Captain. 

"Aye Cap'n?" Thomas asked with a knowing grin.

"What is it?" Dustin snapped.

Thomas's smile did even falter at the annoyance in Dustin's tone. "We're making good progress Cap'n. It will take a few weeks, but we should make it to the southern isles in record time."

Dustin frowned looking focussed and nodded. "Good. Turn us around and take us to Harpers Isle."

"What?!" Sky and Thomas exclaimed at the same time. Dustin faced Sky.

"King Patrick is going to send more than three ships, after last night he has no option not to."

"Why?" Sky asked.

"Call it a matter of pride amongst men. Really it's just because he is trying to send a message that he is more powerful than us. And truthfully, he is. That is why we need all the help we can get. The people of Harpers Isle have a score to settle, plus they owe us."

"Aye, I'll set a course for Harpers Isle. It shouldn't take us too far out of our way. If we are lucky we can get over there warn them and go ahead before the Kings fleet has a chance to catch up." Thomas said and Dustin nodded in agreement.