~Chapter 27~

His reply. A single sentence that somehow held depth.

Vaidehi wanted to ask him further. She wanted to ask if whether he believed what her aunt told him or not. But the silence felt more peaceful.

Minutes passed, silence prevailed.

After sometime, it was Raaghav who spoke, " Dukh huwa hoga na? "
"Huh? ", Vaidehi couldn't decipher what he was talking about.
" Kaha tum Pallavgad ke hone wale raja ki biwi hone wali thi aur kaha ek sadharan se aadmi se shadi ho gayi tumhari! " Raaghav said, while he continued staring ahead.

" Aaj ki duniya mei saadharan hona hi bada mushkil hota hai!" Vaidehi said.
" Aur waise bhi, aur kuch ho ya na ho! Hume iss baat ki khushi hai ki humari shadi ek manwho.. I mean ek aise insaan se nahi hui wo jo na jane kitni aurto ke sath bed share karta hai! " Vaidehi continued.

Raaghav who was still looking ahead, turned his head towards her, and looked at her for few seconds before he spoke, " Kya pata hum bhi waise hi hai? ", he asked her raising his brows.

Vaidehi didn't have a reply. She kept quite while Raaghav observed the different expressions that flickered in her eyes.
After few moments, she finally gained courage to say, " Toh phir.. Hum bhi waise hi ban.. ",Before she could complete, Raaghav swiftly and involuntary pulled her towards himself.

He had no intentions of doing that but it just happened.

They were close. Vaidehi's hands rested on his broad chest, as his rough palm rested on her waist.

The intensity which that moment carried was inexpressible.

He spoke, softly, "Aisa kuch socheyega bhi maat! Shaadi huyi hai! Chaye jaise bhi ho, par ab aap humare zindagi mei aah chuki hai!
Ab aap sirf humari hai, jaise hum sirf aapke! Ab aap par sirf humara haq hai, jaise hum par sirf aapka. Agle saath janam ke liye, aap chahe na chahe, par bandh gayi hai humare sath jaise hum bandh jaye hai aapke sath. Samjhi! "

His words! The depth. And the intensity.
It evoked an unprecedented emotion in both of them.

Vaidehi just noded.

But deep down, the words was an assurance of the pious journey, that this two souls were to embark.

Vaidehi was spellbound. His words, his touch. She was feeling them all.
She loved the fact how he just didn't obliged her, but with his every word included himself as well. She loved how he gave both of them the same vows, how he through his words promised that this bound, this relation, is not just her responsibility but his too.
The words were enough to tell Vaidehi that he had not given any women the permission to have rights on him. That he had reserved all the rights that a wife has, for "the one".
And she felt lucky thinking that she was the one. Now, the fact that he didn't participate in the rituals downstairs held little importance to Vaidehi, as he didn't let a ritual decide the future of their relationship, but rather stood for equality in the relationship.
Though there journey had just began, but they both were in it. Together.

They stayed in the same position for quite some minutes. After some time Vaidehi said, " Huhh.. Woh.. Mein.. Woh"
Raaghav understanding her , said, " Raat bohot ho chuki hai, aapko change karna chahiye! " Saying this he left her. Vaidehi, as soon as she came out of her hold, just nodded and rushed inside.
Raaghav chuckled looking at her behavior.

After some time, Vaidehi came inside the room from the closet, she had changed into comfortable clothes. Her bags were still packed, she wanted to ask Raaghav where to put her clothes up. She had made a mental note about the same.

On coming out, she found that Raaghav had also changed into comfortable clothes, he was sitting of the bed with his laptop on his lap. On sensing Vaidehi's presence, he looked up to her. And it would be wrong to say, that he wasn't bowled off by the innocent natural beauty that his wife was.

Vaidehi saw that the sherwani which was lying moments ago on the bed was not there.

Vaidehi asked Raaghav in her soft voice, " Woh, hum apne kapde aur saman kaha rakhe? "
Raaghav was prompt to answer, "Don't unpack! Saman banda hi rehne do! "

Vaidehi was confused now! Why did he not want her to unpack, were they still on square one. Had he not accepted her. Was she an unwanted one here as well. Her overthinking mind drifted to wander.

Raaghav saw her stuck on her place.

He cleared his throat to gain her attention.

Now she was more confused. Where was she supposed to sleep! If he had not accepted her then the point of sleeping on the same bed is long gone. She had no problem in sleeping on the same bed with him, damn! A part of hers was longing for that after the brief encounter that she had with him, but if he didn't like it then?
" Sona nahi hai? " She heard him say.

Vaidehi not knowing what to do, started walking towards the coach.

" Kaha ja rahi hai aap? "
" Woh.. Hum.
Raaghav understood that she was going towards the coach.
"Konsi side? "
"Huh?
" Konsi side of the bed, do you want? Patni hai aap humari, ek bistaar pei toh so hi sakte hai hum, I guess! " He said, his gaze was fixed on his laptop as the words flew out.
" Now say? "
" Right! "She said.
" Perfect, I prefer the left! " He said.

Vaidehi, made herself comfortable of the bed. Raaghav who a moment ago,was thinking if he did wrong by calling her, if she was uncomfortable,
on seeing her set the bed without any discomfort was relieved.
He closed his laptop and the light off.

As sleep consumed them both,  the day that was so very adventures came to an end.

_______________ ____________ ____________

Hope the chapter's good enough! 💫
Vote please! 🥲🌼
Love Love ❤