~Chapter 30~

~After nearly 5 days~

Nearly 5 days had passed.
Vaidehi and Raaghav were getting along well.
Both were slowly changing according to each other's wishes, unknowingly, and without realising.
Something so very organic was happening between them.
Now, Raaghav would wait for Vaidehi to get up, and then go to gym, after wishing her a good morning. Vaidehi would wait for Raaghav before going down for breakfast.
Raaghav, who otherwise never had fixed lunch periods, would make it in time for lunch.
Sleep would not consume them till they share about their day.
Though, they had few moments, staring at each other,observing each other, slowly and steadily falling for each other.

Their talks would consist of random topics to life talks. Raaghav who was too much of a religious person would also indulge in those conversations, but to his surprise he would find Vaidehi participating in those conversations aswell.
There was still topics that they would avoid wandering into, like each other's past, each other's professions, each other's family issues. There conversations were more like what Raaghav has with Mihir.

All these days, though Rutvendra had joined back to office, but Raaghav was still continuing from his study.

Today, as the sun rose, and they both had their daily things done, Vaidehi was determined to ask him if she could join back to work.

After the breakfast, it was for the first time after their marriage that Raaghav had left the house in the context that he had some work, while Vaidehi stayed back to help a bit around. Rutvendra was also around the hall region, getting ready to leave for office.

Just then, Aanisha, who not so long ago had left, returned back, all excited.
She had a news after all. She rushed towards Rutvendra and exclaimed, " Baby, the offer that i was waiting for so long, is finally mine. I did get the offer to walk down the Lakme fashion week this time, and guess what they are paying in lakhs. "

Rutvendra just watched her. Vaidehi who along with everyone else present in the hall heard this good news, was happy of her. Just then Soumyawati said, " Mana kar do! "
"Huh?" Aanisha who was on cloud nine not so long ago, saw her excitement diminishing.
"Ab aap Yaduvanshi ki bahu hai, apko bahar kaam karne ki jarurat nahi! Aur waise bhi, ghar ke mard itna kamate hai ki aap logo ko ek luxurious life de.", Soumyawati said.
" Par dadisa, shadi ke pehle jo humari life thi, hum usse kaise chod de! Humara kaam humare liye pehle se hi priority raha hai, sirf iss wajah se ki humari shadi hui hai, hum apne career ko kaise chod sakte hai! ", it was Vaidehi who spoke this time, more than Aanisha, she was worried for her own self, she couldn't think of even the idea of giving up her profession.

" Bas! Ghar ki bahuye bahar kaam nahi karti! Na hi hum karne denge! Samajlo! "Soumyawati declared as if a final order.

" Sahi toh keh rahi hai dadisa, kya jarurat hai bahar jakar kaam karne ki, jab hum tumhari sari jarurate puri kar sakte hai! "It was Rutvendra who said it.

Aanisha though got disappointed as it was an opportunity that she had waited for long, but she had to be in the good books of the Yaduvanshi's so she maintained the facade.

While Vaidehi knew there was no point in arguing, but she was dampened with the fact that her career was at stack.
All the day she spent thinking and overthinking. She even missed her lunch
and didn't step out of the room .

It was around 8'o clock that Raaghav returned. As Vaidehi opened the room's door, looking at him, she could see that he was tired. Letting him inside, she handed him a glass of water, which he gulped down all together.

Raaghav himself also did notice the lines of tension formed on Vaidehi's forehead. He decided to freshen up first and then ask her.

As he returned back after freshening up, he called on to Vaidehi.
Vaidehi knew that he was going to ask her about what was wrong. But currently she had no words to convey her worries to him, with the depth that she herself was feeling them.

"Aap thake lag rahe hai, dinner ka time bhi ho gaya hai, so let's go to have dinner! ", she swiftly escaped.
Raaghav understood what his wife was trying to do.
Frankly, he too was tired, so he gave in.

After the dinner, Raaghav returned back to the room. Vaidehi stayed back to help with the after chores.

When she returned back, she didn't find Raaghav anywhere around, so she walked towards the place where he was most likely to be found, and yes! He was there, in the balcony.

"Aapko sona chahiye! " She commented.
He didn't say anything, just passed a cup of cold coffee towards her, motioning her to have it.
He himself picked up his cup and got himself comfortable of the balcony sofa.   Vaidehi, not being able to deny also got herself comfortably settled.
Having sips of the cold coffee that tasted like heaven, Raaghav started, " Toh ab aap bataiyengi kya huwa hai? "
" Wohh.. Woh.. Vaideho was not finding the right words to put it across.
"Saaf saaf bataiye Vaidehi, hum sun rahe hai, bejijak kahiye! "
" Dekhiye, dadisa chahti hai ki na hi hum na hi Aanisha kaam kare, unka kehna hai ki ghar ki bahuye kaam nahi karti, ek baar ko hum unki baat maan bhi lete jaise Aanisha ne mana, par hum apne sapne ko uh kaise chode bhala, kaise apni kabiliyat aur itni mehnat se hasil ki hui degree ko waste mei jane de. Surgery humara passion hai, hume ot mei hona, scrub pehen seniors ko assist karna,.. Yeh yeh sab acha lagta hai, zindagi hai yeh humari, kaise ek paal mei hi sab chod de! Dr. Mihir toh kabhi resignation accept nahi karenge, but the important thing is hum khud nahi resign karna chahte hai, apni aadhi se jyada zindagi ab humne hospital mei bitayi hai, hum nahi chod payenge use! " , she closed her eyes and spoke nonchalantly, thinking that Raaghav won't understand the underlying pain and worry that laced her voice.
Raaghav was taken aback by her words, " Tum ek doctor ho? "he asked all surprised.
" Ha! "

Raaghav took some time too process this for sure.

"Toh phir kisi ko kyu nahi bataya.. Ek..ek second, neither does your family knows about this right?.. Aur us din, when Rutvendra was talking about you as a dancer you didn't stop or correct him! Or woh dancer hona kaha se aaya? " He was confused, he asked all the questions in a single go.
Eagerly waiting for Vaidehi's reply.
Vaidehi looked into his eyes, there was an unexplainable expression in them.
"Pehle kisine pucha nahi, toh batana jaruri nahi samjha! ", she said.
Raaghav felt her words.
She continued, " Hum ek doctor hai, junior resident in general surgery currently. I work in "Riansh Group of Hospitals",aur rahi baat dance ki toh I teach the students once in a fortnight or so, toh woh log pyaar se dance wali ma'am bhulate hai! Rutvendra ji humse school mei hi mile the, toh unhone misconception bana diya, and i didn't care to correct it! " She answered everything truthfully.

"Ooh teri! " Saying this Raaghav placed his hand on his forehead as a big smile spread across his face.

Vaidehi was mesmerized by his smile for sure. "Isiliye Mihir itna janta hai aapko! ", as if discovering quite a hidden fact.

"Hmm" Vaidehi just hummed, as her mind was still dwelling on the fact that dadisa would stop her from working.
"Toh.. Toh aap dadisa se baat karenge please! " Se asked.

"Nahi! "
Her face kind of fell on hearing that. But what he said next, made a direct effect on her heart.
"Itni na hi aukat aur nahi hasiyat hai, humari, dadisa , ya dadusa ya phir kisi aur ki bhi ki hum ek doctor ko ghar mei baand ke rakhe! Aapko kisi ki permission ki jarurat nahi hai! Aap independent thi, aur independent hi rahengi! Jab join back karna hai, kar lijiye ga! "

A big smile spread across her face.

They both were glowing in the moonlight just as Raaghav said, " I am soo proud of you! ".Vaidehi just looked at him, with eyes showing all the emotions, it was for the first time after her father's death that somebody said that to her. She felt happy.
" Baba ka sapna tha, phir mera bhi ban gaya! And frankly, usse pura karne ki wajah se, I am also proud of my own self.! "He received her sentence in the same enthusiasm that was radiating from her face.

"Waise aap sach mei mhuje nahi rokenge na? "
"Obviously not! "
After this brief conversation, there was a pleasant silence as both of them devoured the cold coffee.

Just then, Vaidehi asked, " Aap.. Aap konsi company mei kaam karte hai? As much as I know, Yaduvanshi's ke family business mei toh nahi right? "
"Ha.. I run "Kalyaan"   
"Whatt! " As in" "Kalyaan" Pharmaceutical?? ",she asked

It was Vaidehi's time to be shocked!.

___________ ________________ _______________

Hope the chapter's good enough!
Let's make some relevations regarding Raaghav in the next chapter!
Do vote!
Love Love❤