CHAPTER 3

✧*̥˚ISABELLA*̥˚✧

"Isabella..! Behave. He is your future husband. Anthony Campbell." My dad said to me.

Holy Shit...! I was stunned as he smiled at me. He was the man; who will I marry too? Oh, my... I gulped when I paid attention to his face. He is handsome, though. He had perfect facial features, but he was still an asshole. What kind of man bumped into a girl and did not help her to stand, at least or apologize?

"Nice to meet you, my future wife." He muttered smugly.

Fuck. I hate his smile already. I want to wipe it off his face. His smugness.

"Nice to meet you too," I replied to him lazily.

"Well, kids, we, the parents, will move to another table so you can talk to each other, knowing each other better." Mrs. Campbell nicely told us.

"Thank you for inviting me today, Mrs. Campbell."

"Isabella, no need to be so formal; you already like my daughter since you were a cute little girl back then. Call me Beatrice or Mom; you will call me it too, sooner." Beatrice smiled.

"Alright, Beatrice."

The parents are moving to a different table, and now I awkwardly stay quiet. Where did my bravery go? This weird situation is killing me. What should I ask him?

I totally didn't remember Beatrice having another son. As far as I remember, she had one boy and one girl, Fany. Where was she?

"So, did you remember me, wife?" He started the conversation.

"I didn't remember you. As far as I know, Beatrice only has one son. Dominic. Who are you exactly?" I asked him.

"So you really don't know who I am? Ouch, my heart hurt. I am the one who keeps playing with you, and you don't remember me."

"I don't remember it. Who are you? Are you adopted?"

He laughed at me—hard—when I said that.

"Damn, I'm just released from prison, and really, why has my life become so funny?"

"What's wrong with my question? I didn't find it funny." I was confused by his behavior.

"You are just so adorable, like when you were a little girl. It's really interesting. I think you will be a perfect wife for me." He took my hand and kissed it. What the fuck is going on? I quickly pulled my hand away from him. Jeez, weirdo.

My brain keeps trying to remember all the people that I played with during my childhood, but still, almost 80% of my memory doesn't remember the names of the boys that I played with. Who is he?

I saw his eyes still looking at me deeply. Shit, it's time to change the conversation.

"Earlier, you mentioned you were just released from prison. What's the reason for it?" I asked.

"I tried to steal my love. She is my brother's wife."

My mouth gasped at his words. What the actual fuck?

"Is she your ex-girlfriend or something until you want her?"

"Nope, I just have this kind of obsession with my brother; I always love his girl and steal the girl, then dump her or make her my whore. I love seeing my brother miserable." He replied casually.

What the fuck? My future husband is a psycho? God, I can't believe what I've just heard. I didn't want to marry him. He was really an asshole! What was that? Stealing girls and making them his whore?

"How about you? Any boyfriend?" Since I was being too overthinking, he asked me back.

"I don't want to marry you. You are psycho, you know that? What a sick obsession." I blurted.

"We don't have a choice. Both of our parents had already prepared everything, I guess. I'm not sick; I'm just hating my brother because he keeps getting what he wants."

"God, unbelievable. You won't get peace if you keep envious of other people. Tell me how many girls you stole while your brother still accomplished his life perfectly. That's the point: you will never achieve what he does because of your envy."

"Who are you to dare talk to me like that?" He angrily replied.

Why does he feel insulted? I wasn't wrong, right?

"I said what I said. You are nothing, just an asshole who has a sick, weird obsession with his brother. You need to go for therapy."

"You better watch your mouth, wife; otherwise, your list of awaited punishments will be worse. You didn't know what I'm capable of doing."

What the fuck is that? Punishment? Despite his handsome face, he was indeed the weirdest person that I'd ever met!

"Eww, I'm not your wife, and I will never be. Fuck you, psycho!" I gave him my middle finger.

I grabbed my purse and left him. The parents were apparently shocked to see my behavior, and they asked Anthony what had happened.

My dad tried to chase me, but I just ran as fast as possible until I found a taxi. How could he pair me with an asshole?

Yes, true, he was handsome, but his behavior was weird as fuck. I hope this marriage will never happen.

As soon as I came back to my apartment, I packed my bag. I wanted to run away from my dad. I didn't want to marry someone weird like Anthony. At least I wanted to have a husband who has 'normal' behavior.

Wait a second...

But I didn't have any spare money to move from this apartment. Fuck my poor life.

My current money is only for two months of food and living.

How should I run from this? My head was thinking—trying to seek a solution to escape this marriage.

I think he didn't want to marry me either; he said he didn't have any choice, so maybe I could meet him again and try to cancel it?

Imagining that I needed to meet him again to talk about canceling this marriage already made me want to throw up. I should tell Dad that I want to meet him one more time to talk about this.