42. Paranoia

Silence enveloped the dinner table, accompanied by an overwhelming storm of seething rage.

The King, ravaged by a fever of monstrous proportions, was robbed of the pleasure of savoring the delectable banquet his beloved angel had labored over all evening.

The fury that had brewed during the meal refused to dissipate, lingering like a venomous specter as the couple bid each other goodnight.

Even as he sought solace within his private chamber, the flames of anger continued to rage, unyielding in their intensity. He shed his regal garments and allowed the cascading water of the en-suite shower to wash over him, attempting to cleanse not only his body but also the searing resentment that consumed him. Yet, even as he dried his glistening skin and slipped beneath the covers, the inferno of wrath still raged unabated.

Hoping to quell the wild vulture residing within him, he decided to lull it to sleep and closed his eyes, seeking solace in slumber.

However, his anger seemed determined to challenge him, for as soon as he neared a moment of tranquility, his bedroom door creaked open slightly.

The cause of his current emotional state carried an unmistakable aura, which floated in and caught his attention, forcing his eyes to snap open.

Her breathtaking beauty momentarily dazzled him, as he found himself captivated by her lustrous ebony hair that cascaded down her shoulders in gentle waves. Her eyes, a mesmerizing shade of emerald green, held a depth that seemed to conceal secrets and untold stories. As she stepped into the room, her presence exuded an air of mystique and allure, instantly captivating him.

Intrigued and slightly bewildered, he watched as she moved gracefully towards him, her steps barely making a sound on the carpeted floor. The vulture within him seemed momentarily forgotten, overshadowed by the sheer magnetism emanating from this enigmatic woman.

Jana loosened the ties of her delicate silk kimono, allowing it to cascade around her feet. "I managed to escape Salma's watchful eye long enough tonight that she didn't even bother to bring me my usual glass of milk. I discovered her fast asleep in her own room," she shared with a playful giggle.

The mischievous enchantress appeared completely oblivious to his seething anger, her words floating on a delicate breeze. "I wanted to surprise you with my latest ensemble, my King. And, of course, it's in your favorite color."

Her figure, adorned in the most daring lingerie he had ever laid eyes upon, adorned her sun-kissed skin.

The robe dropped to the floor so that he could see her entire body in its full glory.

Every curve and contour seemed meticulously crafted to ignite desire within him. The shade was a midnight blue. His eyes traced the delicate lace that adorned her ample breasts, the tantalizing straps that held it all together, and the barely-there thong that barely covered her modesty. It was a vision that left him breathless, his heart pounding in his chest.

She rose a brow, in awaiting. "So, what do you think?" She asked.

"You look... divine," he admitted, his voice husky as he swallowed hard, his rage momentarily forgotten.

Jana, pleased by his reaction, smiled seductively and moved closer. "I'm glad you think so, my King. But I do think you should touch the material so you can feel just how high quality it really is."

The vulture within him, still restless, seemed to quiet down under her calm gaze, and for the first time that night, the King felt his anger beginning to subside. It was replaced by a growing fervor, ignited by his queen's tantalizing figure.