73. Till Death Do Us Part

He was walking down the lengthy corridor when all hell broke loose.

The sudden turmoil caught him off guard, leaving him no time to respond.

With a forceful impact, his body collided with the wall, his breath caught in his throat. A pair of intense, stormy grey eyes locked onto his own, revealing the source of his suffocation - an iron grip around his neck.

The fingers clenched steadily, tightening with a purpose, depriving Julian of even the slightest intake of air.

In a desperate attempt to break free, Julian's hands instinctively reached for the hand that was strangling him.

His fingers desperately clawed at the iron grip, his vision starting to blur as the lack of oxygen took its toll.

Just as Julian's strength began to wane, a sudden surge of adrenaline coursed through his veins.

With one final burst of energy, he managed to pry the fingers off his throat, gasping for precious air as he stumbled backwards.

The assailant, taken aback by Julian's defiance, recoiled for a moment. Julian's eyes darted around, searching for an escape route. But before he could make a move, the assailant lunged forward, launching a swift and powerful punch towards Julian's face.

The blow connected with a sickening thud, sending Julian sprawling to the ground. Pain radiated through his body, but he refused to surrender. Gritting his teeth, he pushed himself up, blood trickling from his split lip.

"What the hell is your problem?!" The bewildered man spat in anger, attempting to strike his enraged brother, only to miss as he effortlessly dodged.

"You. My problem is you." The prince calmly said, reaching below to grab ahold of his neck again.

Before Julian could react, he was once again pinned against the wall, the prince's cold, ruthless gaze boring into him.

He could feel the icy chill of the stone wall at his back and the prince's hot breath on his face.

The contrast sent shivers down his spine.

"Picking physical fights with your soon to be wife is low," the prince hissed, his voice barely a whisper. His grip on Julian's neck tightened further, turning his face a shade of purple. "Even for you. You think she can fight back like I can? You think she will stay the second she see's how you truly behave?"

Fear clouded the King's eyes, but he held his brother's gaze.

He could feel his heartbeat pounding in his ears, each beat a reminder of the precariousness of his situation. He was in no position to fight back, but he wouldn't go down without a fight.

With a swift move, Julian brought his knee up, hitting the prince squarely in the stomach. The prince grunted and his grip loosened, just enough for Julian to break free once more.

The air rushed into his lungs, and he stumbled back, coughing and gasping.

"Nothing of the sort happened." Julian managed to say, his voice hoarse.

He wiped the blood from his lip with the back of his hand, his eyes never leaving the prince. "And if it did, it is none of your damn business."