1. Invitations

Lyra's POV:

It was after the holidays and we had returned to hogwarts.

The dark lord was back, and with him, pure torture for us.

It was the next day after classes and we were in the common room. Jess and Ezra were playing wizards chess and Eliana was reading a book while I was playing with my wand when Marcus barged in.

"Guess who I bumped into" he huffed and plopped down beside me.

"A mirror?" Asked Jess being sarcastic.

"What? No, Nott" he replied

"What did he do now?" Asked Eliana, still not removing her eyes from her book.

"He bumped into me and made a fuss about me not looking where I was going." He said

"He's an asshole, we all know that, all the guys in Riddle's gang are." Said Ezra and told a piece to move on the board.

"Calm down, Mark, here let's cheer you up, butter beer?" I asked patting his back.

"You know just how to cheer me up Ly." He said and we got up and left the common room.

We reached the three broomsticks and ordered two butter beers and sat down.

We were just casually talking when, they walked in.

"Well, well, if it isn't Nightshade and her little lost puppy."

Riddle. God I hate this guy. He's so smug and acts like he's so great. Prideful, arrogant, stupid, jerk and a fucking manwhore and Fuckboy. I've hated him since the moment we met. He and his little troupe of Fuckboys.

"What do you want Riddle" I spat with venom laced in every word.

"Whoa, easy there princess, just saying hi"

"No one wants you here, so fuck off Riddle"

"Watch that tone of yours Rosier." Said Theodore.

"Anyways, we have better things to do than chit chat, till next time nightshade." Said Riddle and walked off but not without his signature smirk.

We finished our butter beers and headed inside.

"You're here, wanna go to our room?" Asked Jess

We agreed and the five of us left to go to our room, which the three of us shared.

Marcus, Eliana and I brought out a cigarette and passed around a lighter.

"So, what are our plans for the weekends?"
Asked Ezra while staring at the sky through the window next to my bed.

I shrugged. "Don't have any."

Just then,  three owls came flying.

Emerald, Opal and Sapphire.

Jess, Lia and mine. We named them together. Opal, Lia's owl, was snow white in color, and had orange eyes, Emerald was light brown and had green eyes, and mine had a dark brown coat and stormy grey eyes.

They each landed in front of us and carried a letter. I took my letter and checked the envelope. A navy midnight blue stamp with a lilac on it.

Oh fuck

My family emblem, a lilac. I looked at the other two who had letters from their families and looked equally mortified. Marcus and Ezra's probably waited in their room.

I went first and ripped open the envelope,

Dear Lyra Lilith Nightshade,

We are pleased to inform you that, you have been invited as a member of one of the top families in the masquerade ball, taking place on this Saturday, evening, at Malfoy Manor.

You are to arrive on time and dress for the occasion accordingly. Your attire awaits you at Nightshade Manor along with your necessities. Attendance is mandatory.

Sincerely,
Lycander Nightshade

"Well, what is it. What do they want?" Asked Marcus, while the three of us turned pale.

"Good news or bad news?" Asked Lia

"Good?" Answered Ezra

"We've got plans for the weekends" said Jess

"And the bad?" Asked Marcus.

"We've got a ball to attend." I answered

There goes our weekend.

——————