39. Beginning of War

My screen time is limited again.

Yay

I'll still keep the major plot points but I'll speed it up.
————
Mattheo's POV:

My head hurt.

Probably from everything that's going on.

It's been announced we leave in half an hour.

I'm dressed in all black, wand and mask in hand, sat on my bed, head in my hands as I replay everything that happened, in my head for the hundredth time.

Lyra is Nightingale.

I groan in frustration, pulling at my curls.

Am I happy or upset. Nope, what I am is confused.

I don't even know why I'm confused, all I know is all this is going over my head.

I am happy, she's alive, the past two months I believed my biggest fear came true, which i learned a couple hours ago was false. She's alive. I've read through all the letters, dates, and replayed all our moments on my head. Everything fits. It makes sense, I was just blind.

But at the Same time, it's Lyra.

She's always been awful, and she hates me. But why does she hate me? Probably because I hate her, why do I hate her?

I froze.

Why do I hate her?

I know I didn't always hate her, I think it started after we started hogwarts.

My mind kept trying to figure out what exactly happened that caused me to hate her so much.

I heard a knock which snapped me out of my thoughts.

I got up and opened the door, it was Theodore.

The poor guy had finally gotten used to the fact that Daphne died, but he's still grieving,

"It's time." He said.

I nodded, following him to where all the deatheaters were gathered.

—Time skip—

We're now stood in front of hogwarts, as all the deatheaters try to break the shield protecting Hogwarts.

Finally it falters and falls, and everyone rushes in and the students and teachers are running around desperately trying to protect the school.

Spells are being thrown back and forth, people are screaming and some dying right in front of my eyes.

This is it, war.

I rushed around trying to stay hidden for the most part while trying to take down deatheaters without being seen.

I spot Jessica and Draco together, talking in a corner.

And there she is.

Lyra.

Rushing back and forth defending students and shooting deatheaters.