42. Ending of war pt. 2

🙃
————
Lyra's POV:

He shot a spell at me which I barely missed.

He kept cackling like a lunatic. He is a lunatic.

"I thought he'd get it done, perhaps I did underestimate you." He said in between.

"What?"

"You must have seen his efforts?"

"Who? What?" I was confused, was he trying to distract me? No he wasn't this petty.

"Riddle."

"Mattheo? What did he do?"

"Why he was tasked to kill you."

I had to keep going, but my mind went blank for a second, he what? I've caught him staring at me once or twice, but he never tried to even get close to me.

He caught me off guard and a spell was headed right for me, when a rock flew right in front of me from my left and blocked it from hitting me.

I looked to the side to see Lycan.

"Lycan?! What is the meaning of this?" My father growled.

He silently shit a spell at him which he easily blocked.

"I'm done putting up with your shit." He gritted though his teeth.

"What?! No you're with me, you're one of us, since when do you care about her?" He yelled, as they continued shooting spells as I watched.

I felt pretty useless to be honest.

"For years and years since you killed her, I had to ruin my life for your cause just for the sake of survival, for their survival." Yelled Lycan.

I've never seen him like this, we'll I have, back when mum was here, after that I thought he became incapable of any emotions, but what he just said, have I been wrong all these years?

"If you truly never stood fit the lord, then I suppose I have no need for you, you and your sisters shall have the same fate as your filthy pathetic mother."

"Don't you dare speak about mother that way!" Yelled Lycan, "she was an amazing mother and wife, you treated her like shit but she loved you, while you saw it as a weakness, you didn't want to care for her, but slowly you did feel something, and instead of giving her the love that she deserved, the woman who dedicated her life to you and us, you killed her! you killed her right in front of us, you sick bastard, you ruined all our lives, and I just let you in hopes we'll be safe, but this ends now, you've done enough damage as it is!" He yelled

"I don't need any of you, I never did, I'll finish you two first then your precious sister.

I shot a spell at him at the mention of Lucia's name, it hit him on the arm and he started to bleed but still kept his wicked grin.

He ignored me as if I won't be important till Lycan is gone. They shot spells at each other, barely missing and sometimes they didn't, and were bleeding and had minor injuries.

Suddenly he shot a spell at Lycan and he fell to the ground bleeding profusely.

"Lycan!" I ran up to him and got down beside him to him bleeding everywhere, and it's dripping down the corner of his mouth.