7. 'To, my Nightingale'

Lyra's POV:

"What?" Asked Ezra taking a seat on the floor.

"You heard me, we get the other two and hang out." I said

"Your idea of 'hanging out' is getting drunk and high and talking shit about people who pissed u off." Said Eliana with attitude

"Also, lets not forget, our parents are in this house, asleep and it's five in the morning."
Said Ezra.

"Your point?" I asked

Eliana face slapped herself.

"Remind me how you could be so smart and so dumb at the same time." She said

"It's a talent." I said with an innocent smile.

She rolled her eyes

"You're just jealous." I said

Ezra laughed

——

After some bickering, we decided that I'd go home, something I wasn't happy about, and then they'll ask their parents if they could visit me in my house, and we'll inform the other two about it as well and the reason it's my house is because, my dad and brother won't be home and I don't have a mom so we'll be home alone.

"Okay, I'll see you in a couple hours." I said and jumped out Eliana's window and still tired some how flew home, that sounds funny for some reason.

It was around seven in the morning and I took a warm shower this time and went downstairs even though no one would be up for another hour.

I found Lucinda making breakfast in the kitchen and sat down at the table.

"Good morning." I said

She seemed startled, "ahh, Lyra, honey, what are you doing up this early, I just woke up."

"Couldn't sleep"

She nodded and gave me some hot chocolate as I wasn't that big of a coffee drinker.

I chatted with Lucinda and finished my hot chocolate.

It was time for breakfast, Lucinda had to take my father's breakfast to his room as required by him, what is he? A child? And my brother just has a cup of coffee and toast, boring.

And finally, Lucia came down to join me for breakfast. "Lyra! Good morning."

"Good morning sunshine"

"So, you will be staying today, right?"

"Of course I will, my friends are coming over too."

"Yay, Jess and Ezra are coming?"

My sister has always been close with my friends, especially Jess and Ezra, she even ships them.

"Yes they are."

"Yay."

She sat down and took her plate.

We finished Breakfast together and Lucia left to go to her room to paint and I waited for my friends to arrive.

I heard a knock and ran to the door and opened it.

Jess ran and hugged the life outa me.

"Still....need......to.....breathe." I managed while being squeezed.

"O right" she let go of me and the others entered.

We went to my room and in stole some whiskey from my dad's office and snuck it to my room.

Fast forward couple hours and we were wasted to the core just laughing and talking about who knows what shit.

I asked Lucinda to watch over Lucia as she couldn't see us this drunk.

In the evening, I passed around a vile of sobering potions and we all sobered up a bit.

We decided it was time they left as we'd see each other at school again tomorrow.

I didn't tell them about the boy I met at the ball yet. I'd do it later.

I walked them to the front door and we said our goodbyes and they left.

After that, I decided to take a nap so I went up to my room only to see an owl at the window.

I didn't recognize the owl.

It was holding a letter. I took it and waxed good bye to the owl after ruffling his feathers.

I looked at the envelope and it had a regular stamp and smelled divine.

I flipped the envelope to see if it was infact for me and it read.

'To, my Nightingale.'

—————-
Oo cliffhanger.
I apologize for the late update.
I've got a lot of school work to catch up on.
Hope you liked this chapter.

What do you think the letter says?

Thanks for reading
❤️
695 words.

ily