30. The Second Ball pt.3

The last chapter was insane, I got carried away, but I think y'all liked it so I'll try to get carried away more often.

Ily
——————-

Lyra's POV :

It was surreal.

Everything about him felt surreal.

From his electric touch to his sweet gestures.

This man was something else.

His eyes, shine with such affection, as if there was only good in this world, his sweet smile that made my legs weak, his curly chocolate hair that framed his face to perfection, his scars which added to his attractiveness, his sweet adorable words that either made me laugh or blush like crazy.

No boy ever had this effect on me.

If I could I'd make this night last forever.

As much as I want to give him my identity, I knew it wasn't safe, and at a time like this, feelings could lead to complications.

He held me tight, as if one slip and he'll lose me  forever.

His warm sweet lips pressed against mine passionately.

His scent devouring me and the adrenaline pushing me closer to insanity.

I craved this, and by the looks of it so did he.

He groaned into the kiss and I softly moaned.

He slowly pulled away to catch his breath and I just noticed my breathing was unsteady as well.

One hand wrapped around my waist, the other softly caressing my cheek, forehead pressed against mine.

The breeze played with my hair, and sent his scent through the night.

"Do you like it?" His voice was low.

"Hm?" I asked.

"The pendant."

I looked down at it and smiled.

"Yes. Thank you."

He smiled widely.

"Did you umm, mean it?" I asked shyly

"Mean what?"

"All the things you said while we were dancing?" I blushed.

A silence spread between us.

"Every word." He whispered and I blushed harder and his my face in his chest by instinct.

He chuckled, wrapping his arms around me.

I probably blushed more tonight than I ever had in my life.

He suddenly pulled me towards him and I tripped on my heels in the grass and fell, pulling him with me and landed on the grass, with him underneath me and my head on his chest and his arms around me.