5. The Masquerade Ball pt. III

Mattheo's POV:

"What do you have in mind?" I asked

She smirked and looked back at the crowd and back at me.

She grabbed my hand and pulled me with her.
Sneaking around pillars and hallways, we reached the backyard.

She opened the thin glass doors as if she had been here before. Which she probably had considering, this was a death eater ball and all the people here were related to death eaters and all death eater meetings were held in this house.

We reached the back yard and she let go of my hand and sat down on the freshly mowed grass under the night sky and stared up at the stars.

I sat down beside her. She turned to face me, our faces were inches apart. She looked at my face and gently touched it with her finger tips.

She touched my scar and since it was fresh I lightly flinched. She instantly removed her fingers thinking I was hurt. I instantly missed her warm touch.

She brought her face closer to mine and gently kissed my scar and I softly moaned in response.

No one had ever shown such affection towards me. I usually never let them, but her, this felt right, I liked her touch.

She pulled back and stared into my eyes and I did the same.

Something about her felt right. For the first time, I liked this gesture of affection.

But I craved more.

I couldn't understand, why wasn't I pushing her away like every other girl.

And I still don't. I liked this, whatever this feeling was.

No words were exchanged, only silence. Not an awkward one, a peaceful one. It's like she understood me, everything I've gone through, how I felt. I could be shot right now and I would be happy. She brought me peace and made me happy? No this was something else.

She truly was beautiful. Not just her appearance, every thing about her.

Her looks, her voice, her gestures of affection, her understanding, and her touch.

Oh how I craved her touch.

A million thoughts were roaming my head, and this is the most at peace I've ever been.

It's hard to understand how I could feel so many things after just meeting her. And not even I can explain but I know it's real, and maybe she feels it too.

She brought her face closer to mine and I did the same, our lips were centimeters from each other.

Millimeters.....

Almost.....

And suddenly we heard the sound of glass shattering. We turned our heads to look back at the mansion. We turned to face each other again and a loud piercing shriek could be heard and we looked back at the house and through the huge windows, we saw Lysander Nightshade, Lyra's father on the ground with broken glass everywhere, piercing his body and his blood splattered everywhere.