32. Girl to girl talk

We're continuing this chapter from
Lunch time, after what happened in the last chapter.

Ily
————
Lyra's POV:

I had skipped breakfast, now it was lunchtime.

I finally got out of my room and walked downstairs to find Pansy and Astoria in the sitting area.

I remembered their interrogation. I know they're mad I sort of ditched them, but I had a good reason, I hope. They were asking me questions, they somehow knew I was with someone, I can only hope they don't know who, but then again, would it be that bad if I know his identity? I can't risk it, not yet at least.

Astoria turned her head and noticed me. I gave a faint smile, she stared for a second before smiling back and nudged Pansy who stared at me wide eyed before she relaxed and smiled, inviting me over.

I wonder what that was about.

"Hi girls." I smiled

"Lyra, you missed breakfast." Astoria smiled.

"Yeah, wasn't hungry." I chuckled

"So about the ball last night." Said Pansy.

I grew tense "what about it?"

"you ditched us, but we're willing to forgive and forget for a teeny tiny price." Said Pansy.

What could they want? Probably like snacks or something right? Pansy has an unhealthy obsession with muggle food, especially ice cream. I could do that.

"Alright, what do you want?" I asked.

"Who were you with during the ball?"

O fuck.

"Umm, I was with... myself! Yeah, I felt nauseous and took a walk." I tried lying

I heard Pansy snicker and glared at her.

"Lyra, who was that guy with you at the ball." Astoria asked as clearly as she could, but it felt like she knew?

Well, let's see, I don't even know his identity, would it really be that bad if I told them that much?

I took in a breath, "how about we talk about this after lunch?" I put on a fake smile.

They shared a look then nodded and we went to the dining hall for lunch.

It was a very quiet one.

Mattheo seemed to be distracted with something and simply stared down at his plate while he ate while Kayla kept smiling at him and batting her lashes. Bitch. Wait why am I mad?

Something was definitely up between Draco and Jessica, they shared secret glances at each other, but never directly looked at each other.

Ezra looked at Astoria a couple times, but she seemed to not notice.

Theodore and Enzo seemed to be the only ones chatting and joking. Marcus seemed abnormally quiet, while Eliana seemed anxious about something and kept playing with her food with her fork.