38. Revelations

🤐
—————
Mattheo's POV:

I was sitting on my bedroom floor, smoking.

I thought about my conversation with my father.

I had only killed once before in my life. After my father returned, I was obviously one of the first to receive the mark, but I had to 'earn' it, meaning I either kill or be killed. I had no choice. It affected me greatly and I hated every moment of it.

Now, I have been told to kill Lyra. We've always shared a mutual hatred for a long time but it never reached far enough for this. As much as I say I hate her, recently, she hasn't been that bad, she was one of us, before she ran away that is, apparently Draco, Enzo, Pansy and Astoria knew, they chose to stay for their own reasons, I considered what I would've done, I knew I couldn't leave, even if escaped, it was my father and he wouldn't even spare a glance before ending me. They have a better chance of not getting caught.

Could I kill her?

Words circled my head giving me a migraine. I tossed my cigarette and got up.

It was almost sunset, the war would probably start in a few hours, all the deatheaters have been preparing.

Before that, I do need some intel, she's always been quite secretive, and no doubt she was close with the others so she probably had something on them as well.

I got changed into my suit and took my deatheater mask and wand. I wouldn't kill her yet, if I have to, I'll delay it for as long as I can. I don't want this, but it's either this or not just me but the boys and Pansy and Astoria would also have to answer to torture and maybe even death.

I stepped outside the manor, the cold wind hitting my face before I put my mask on.

I apparated to the Nightshade Manor.

It was empty and quiet. But I knew who were here, Lycan Nightshade, Lucia Nughtshade, their caretaker Lucinda, and a couple deatheaters.

I simply walked in, it was dark and quiet. I roamed the many halls of the huge manor for some time. It was beautiful, and extravagant, expensive interior, precious metals and stones used for decoration, expensive artworks, vases, statues and more that screamed expensive, Im not surprised, almost all the deatheater are really wealthy. Just because it was well decorated and expensive, doesn't mean it looked anywhere near an illusion of a happy home.

There were paintings, showcasing the Nightshades. Of course there was Lysander Nightshade taking up most of the portraits, there were portraits of Lycan with his father. There were portraits of the youngest Nightshade, Lyra's sister. There were portraits of Lyra with her sister and some of Lyra alone. But what caught my eye the most was the portrait of a young woman, around her late twenties, she was beautiful, she had bright emerald green eyes, and sleek midnight black hair, and a sweet smile adorned her face. She was dressed beautifully and elegantly, she was beautiful, and looked exactly like Lyra.

There were portraits of Lyra with this woman whom I guessed was her mother. They were astonishingly similar in appearance, both heavenly beautiful and shared the same features. I sometimes wondered why Lyra looked so different from her father and siblings, who all have blonde hair and blue eyes. Now I know. I don't know her name, but I do know she was killed by her husband.