11. Depressing train ride

I know it's been forever, and I'm sorry but I'm mentally going insane with the amount of studying I need to get done.

Not a moment's peace.
———————

Lyra's POV:

Earlier-

We were on the train on our way to hogwarts.

We mostly kept to ourselves.

Eliana was reading. Ezra was staring out the window. Jess was braiding ribbons, I know it sounds weird, but she does that when she's anxious, apparently she had an argument with her dad this morning which didn't go very well. We didn't want to push it further. Marcus was fidgeting with his rings and I was lost in thought.

The usual.

"So, any plans?" Asked Marcus.

We all shrugged.

"Jess?" Asked Eliana, she put her book on her lap and touched Jess's hand, which was vigorously braiding away.

"Hm?" She hummed, not looking away from the tangled ribbons in her hand.

"Jess? What's wrong? You can tell us." She said, her voice low and gentle.

Jess has always been an anxious person, even though she tries to cover it up by being outgoing.

To us, we're alone. The world sees us as carefree teens, who have freedom and can do whatever they want and chose to be part of the protagonist of this story.

Well, the curtains lie.

We're death eater kids. And we're well aware of who we are and who were expected to be and seen as.

We never had a choice.

We're use to this shit.

We never had a childhood. We matured.

This is our world. And in this world, we're all alone. We have no home. Our only escape is each other. We look after each other.

Every one thinks of us as Evil and bad news, they forget that we're kids too, kids without a safe space.

We know the roles we'll have to take one day. We know we can't escape it. We've tried. Denial, just causes more pain.

Everyone thinks the war is two sided, but there's three.

The ones who want power and control

The ones who want to stop them, and seem like the hero.

And the ones who don't give a shit and just want to run away but are trapped.

We know we've all committed crimes.

For us, being born was a crime.

We're use to being stared at and called terrorists.

We've learned to accept that we're in too deep and there's no going back.

Even if the the 'good' guys win, we will forever be seen as the former enemy.

If the bad guys win, we will hate ourselves and forever be guilty.

We have no way out. No escape.

So we don't care. We know what'll happen either way. So we just try to stay alive till the next morning to see the sun rise.

Not for us. Not for the world. Not to follow orders. Not to be heroes. But for each other.

We're not heroes. We don't want to be. We are the ones born into darkness with light within but can't show it for the sake of our lives.

"N-nothing" Jess stuttered.

"Jess, it's just us" I whispered

She took in a breath and let it out.

"M-my father." We simply nodded, encouraging her to keep going.

"H-he said, the dark lord, h-has a t-task for me" she said the last part barely above a whisper.

We all remained silent.

We know what's coming.

——————-
Hope you enjoyed this, I'll probably not post in the following week, I'll try to but there's no guarantee.

Sorry if it was a bit depressing, I'm a bit depressed at the moment, my mind is all over the place for various reasons.

This is my therapy.
Y'all are my therapy

Ily all
Don't forget to vote
❤️
630 words