2

Mias pov:
After the landing I hurry towards the luggage spot, not wanting to even miss a second longer without my dad! He always was my favorite parent, even before he and Rene got divorced, I preferred him. And to be completely honest here, he even is my most favorite person on this planet. I guess you can easily say that I am an absolute daddy's girl. Whereas Isabella always was more drawn towards Rene, I tended to go to our dad. The hardest day in my whole life till today, was as our parents told us that they were going to get divorced. Not because of that thought. It was the fact that Rene not only took her golden girl with her, but even forced me to come along as well. I can still remember my dads heartbroken look like it was only yesterday. To be honest, I right away had the suspicion that this was the only reason why she even took me along with her. After all, she never even cared about me. The only one Rene cared for was Isabella and herself. There never was a place for me in their tight family.
The last seven years, I pretty much took care of myself and that even though back than I was only nine years old, since I was never included in any „family" time or anything at all. Isabella also got more and more abusive towards me the older we got, without any consequences of course. At the end of the day, the perfect child would never do anything bad, whereas I was only the stupid brat. No matter what I said, my adoptive mother always only believed Isabella. So I learned to not even say anything anymore and instead tried to get my dad to allow me to move back in with him. He was ecstatic from the very get go, but obviously Rene had to ruin it. She was completely against it and tried everything in her power to stop it from happening. That's when I told her that I was going to my old foster home and ask them for help. She said I was a lying, ungrateful bastard and that she won't ever let me live with my dad ever. She even went on to say that she never loved me, but that my „idiotic" father saw me and instantly fell in love with me. The hatefulness in each of her words broke my heart, yet I needed her to go on. Needed her to say all of those nasty things, so I finally have some of her verbal abuse on tape! Do i finally have something against her in my own hands. Other than they always thought, I am not stupid and hid a small camera next to the kitchen counter. And just as I thought that, she punched me square in the face. For the first time ever laying a hand on me. Till now she only ever verbally abused me, never physical thought. That always was Isabella's domain. The only reason you are here is to hurt your stupid and good for nothing father. You mean nothing to me! Do you understand you little whore? Keep on acting like the little bitch all you want, but you won't leave. Not alive that is!
It's not that I didn't figure out that she didn't care for me till then, but her words still hurt more than I thought possible. The fact that she even said she wouldn't let me leave her house alive frighted me enough to take my final action. It has given me the last push to hurry back to my old foster home. There I right away told my old house mom about what had happened in the last years and also showed her the tape.
Thankfully, she right away called the cops on Rene and even further made sure that I wouldn't have to leave her home. Not until my soul care taker was my dad. From that very moment on, it has become a waiting game, till the judge decided that I am allowed to move back in with my dad, who even flew out to Phoenix to assure the judge and the children protective service that he not only would love to take me back in, but that he is completely willing to do whatever is necessary to show them how serious he is about it. Dad also informed them, that he will get everything ready for me to move in without any trouble.

Which gets me to right now. My full on running dad coming towards me with his arms wide open and tears streaming down his face. No longer caring for my stuff either, I also start to run towards my dad.
„There my baby is!" he softly says as he holds me tightly against his chest. The both of us crying in utter relief that we finally have each other back. That all those terrible years are now over and done with. Dad constantly keeps on caressing my back lovingly, while muttering all along how much he loves me and how much he missed his little baby.
„I love you dad." I tell him in between my own choked up sobs, as dad squeezes me even tighter against his chest. Finally allowing myself to feel safe again. To feel cherished, taken cared for and most importantly loved. It's been way too long since I felt this way. That's why I try to soak it all up like a dry sponge.
„Let me take you to the small diner we used to go to. You must be starving after your long flight." dad says after we at least stood for fifteen more minutes like this. He lovingly kisses my forehead a few times, before he takes a small step back from me. His arms however still hold onto my body as if needing to make sure that I really am standing right in front of him.
„I still can't believe that I finally have you back in my arms." he whispers in astonishment that I indeed am right in front of him. Confirming once again, that he truly is just as happy to have me back as I am to be back. Slowly we walk back to where I left my luggage behind and then kept on walking towards his police car.
„Thank you for everything dad." I softly thank him after we got into the car. His brown, loving eyes right away find mine afterwards.
„There is nothing you need to thank me for baby girl. I am just over the moon happy to finally have you back with me. The last years were absolute agony. Even more so since I knew that you weren't happy at all in Phoenix." he tells me honestly. With a small hand movement he wipes his eyes to get the new tears forming in them out.
„I am really sorry it took me so long to get you back Mia." he adds in apology as I only shake my head. Knowing that he did try his best, but that René and Isabella kept on lying to all the officials that came round to their home.
„Don't worry about it dad. That is all in the past now and I honestly would prefer to keep on looking forward than back." I simply say. Hoping he will stop blaming himself. He after all had no knowledge of what I had to go through. Rene has told me times and times again that if I ever tell my dad anything negative about them, she would make sure I won't even be able to contact him anymore. That's why I never mentioned any abuse I had to endure at their hands. Not ready to risk loosing contact with the only parent that ever cared and truthfully loved me.
„If that's what you want to do, then I am ok with that. Why don't you tell me about something else? How was staying with your old foster mom? I hope She wasn't too sad to see you leave again." dad says and starts to ask some other questions. Therefore changing the topic of our conversation, which I happily joined.