3

Mia's pov:
The last day really went great. Dad and I ate our usual burger menu in his favorite diner and kept on talking about everything that went on in our life's. He even explained to me how he put in a security door as my new room door, which was at first confusing, but he right away explained to me that he didn't want to risk anything since Isabella is currently living with him as well. Dad further told me how horrible she constantly is behaving and how he already warned her that he will throw her out of his house, if she only dared to say something mean towards me. This immediately warms my heart at my dads protectiveness. He always was such a caring person! And I can't put into words how grateful I am to finally have him back in my life. Having someone that truly loves me back in my life!
When we got home after dinner, the house was dark and seemingly vacant. Guess Isabella is still out somewhere.
„Isabella is out with some kids from school, let's hope she stays out as long as usual. I don't think I want to deal with her once again." dad simply says in explanation as he gets my luggage out of the car. Just than an older truck stops next to us with a newer one close behind. The wide smile on dads face allows me to stay relaxed, even though I feel slightly uneasy of the newcomers. Knowing Isabella long enough, I know she surely has already talked horribly behind my back. Therefore I am rather certain that everyone in this small town is already thinking the absolut worst of me.
„Billy, Jacob! You guys came round at the perfect timing!" dad happily says and hugs both man. One looking to be a bit younger than me, while the other one is sitting in a wheelchair, yet looks rather fit. Especially considering he must be around dads age.
„Mia, let me reintroduce you to my old friend Billy and his son Jacob." dad says as he makes hand gestures towards the two men.
„Its lovely to meet you guys." I quietly say. Still feeling shy around them. Not being able to read them properly makes me feel anxious.
„So the lost daughter finally returns. Charlie has been talking of you for ages now. It is a pleasure to see you again, even more so since I know how worried Charlie has been about you in the last couple of weeks." the older one says as he smiles honestly towards me. He seems to study me, just as I do him before he smiles even wider at me.
„Why don't you show her the car Jacob?" he adds as the younger one right away starts to explain the car to me. Kind of confused on why he tells me all those facts about his car, yet I don't want to seem rude and interrupt him. I mean, I don't even know anything about cars. So why do I need to know all about his?
„Your dad asked me to make a complete check up of the car since he wants you to be fully safe when you drive around with it." Jacob says after a few more minutes of talking mechanics, confusing me even further than I already am.
„What do you mean? I thought it's your car?" I ask irritated. Kind of feeling stupid for even asking as his smile only widens some more.
„Oh no! That's your car. Charlie bought it after he got word that you indeed were allowed to come back home to him. I only made sure everything is in working condition." Jacob explains with a low chuckle at my completely shocked face. The thought of having my own car never even crossed my mind.
„I hope you like it Mia. Billy and Jacob told me that it is a very safe vehicle, so I bought it for you. Kind of a welcome home gift." Dad says as he comes around to stand next to Jacob and I. Billy right behind him with an equally wide smile on his lips.
„I can't believe that you bought me a car." I whisper as a overwhelmed tear falls out of my eyes.
„You really didn't had to. I am just so grateful to be even allowed to move back in with you. The last thing I expected was a gift. After all I should be buying you something for allowing me to stay with you." I whisper tearily as dad without hesitation pulls me into a tight hug. Allowing me to inhale his soothing scent and soak up his love.
„Believe me baby girl, I am just as happy to have you back as you are to be back. So let me pamper you at least a tiny bit." he softly says while he sways us slightly from one side to the other. His soothing tone along with the gentle sways, help me calm down more and more.
„Thank you daddy." I whimper out and cuddle myself even closer into him. Feeling once again like the small nine year old, that doesn't want to let go of her dad, while Rene scolds me for making them late.
„No need to thank me." he whispers and kisses my forehead a few times.
„We should leave you guys alone. You after all deserve some alone time after being pulled apart for such a long time." Billy thoughtfully says. The slow nod from my dad seems to be answer enough for the two of them. Since they each once more say their good byes and welcome back home, before I can hear them driving off.
„Come on, let's get inside so I can show you your room." dad whispers softly. Yet I can detect some anxiety in dads usual calm and collected voice. Not wanting to ask him about it, I instead quietly walk next to him till he stops in front of a wooden door.
„That's the key. You however also need to put your thumb here as well. The door won't open otherwise." dad says, as he hands me the key and than points to the small spot where I need to put my thumb on. After his encouraging nod, I try it and am speechless at what I see within the door. The room looks absolutely stunning! There are natural colors combined with some pastels around the whole room. It's my absolute dream room to say the least! I always wanted some kind of a hippy vibe, but Rene never allowed it. Always claiming that it would be too expensive and that I should instead be thankful I even have a bed. So, to now see this, its literally stealing my breath away. The thought alone that went into the room and the decor is unbelievable.
„What do you think? I hope i didn't overdid it. If so, we can easily change it up however you might like it." dad hurriedly says in worry since I still haven't reacted to his work.
„It's perfect." I answer him simply. Still stunned that he was willing to build my absolute dream room here.
„Thank you dad! I can't even put in words how much this means to me. Thank you!" I thankfully say. His heavy sigh makes me look at him, only now realizing how frightened he must of been from my reaction. Guess he really worried I might not like it.
„I am really glad you like it. Still, if you want to change anything, just tell me. I want this room to be your personal oasis. You deserve to finally have something good just for yourself." dad says in complete honesty. Making me speechless all over again. How can someone care soo much for me? It's such a foreign feeling, yet I absolutely love it already!
„Why don't you unpack and get familiar with everything?" he asks after seeing that I start to get slightly overwhelmed with everything. That question alone shows me all over again how much dad truly cares for me. He really acts like a doting parent! Therefore nothing like Rene ever did. Well, at least towards me I guess.
„Call me if you need any help and please make sure you close and lock your door at all times." he softly pleads, confusing me slightly on why I should do that.
„I simply won't be able to forgive myself if Isabella should hurt you." he adds in explanation as I feel sick to the stomach at the simple reminder that my „sister" will once again live under the same roof as me.
„Don't worry dad. I will keep my door locked, no matter what." I promise and see the relief running over his familiar features, whereas my stomach still feels queasy in fear of my own sister.
„Good girl. Now get unpacked and relax a bit. It was a rather hectic day for you." dad says and lovingly kisses my forehead again.
„I still can't believe that you are finally back." he whispers more towards himself than to me. But it does make me extremely happy, that he truly is mutually as happy to have me back as I am.
After I finished with unpacking all of my belongings, where to my joy I even found that I have a bathroom connected to my room, I slowly walk back downstairs to find my dad. He, like expected, is sitting in his old tv-chair watching a soccer game. Seeing him like this, right away brings me back to when I was only nine years old. It's like nothing has changed here in those six years I was gone.
„Would you like to watch a movie?" dad asks and therefore throws me back out of my memory's. His smile like always makes me feel cherished and loved.
„Can we maybe do that tomorrow? I really am tired and only meant to wish you a good night sleep before getting in bed myself." I softly say as dads face softens even further. He right away stands up and pulls me into a warm hug.
„Of course baby girl. I hope you have a good nights rest as well. It's really amazing to finally have you back Mia." he lovingly says as I pull my arms equally as tight around his body.
„Am happy to be home as well dad. Missed you." I whisper and feel dad place a small kiss on my forehead. This small show of affection nearly brings me back to tears, but I thankfully can hold them back. I after all don't want dad to worry even though I am just so unbelievably relieved and happy to be back with him.
„I love you baby girl." he says and fills my heart with even more love for this special man that always only showed me love and treat me as his daughter.
„Love you too dad." I reply the sentiment.
„Now make sure to lock your door and try to have a good night sleep baby girl." he says after kissing my forehead once again.