12

Mia's pov:
Slowly I wake up from a deep and rather restful nap. Curious on how I even were able to fall asleep, since I usually can't no matter what I try or how tired I am. Yet I fell asleep against Jasper's comfy and safe chest. I just knew that nothing would happen to me for as long as he holds me so tightly and have him along with the others this close around me. So as I open up my eyes, I expect to now lay somewhere on a couch or a bed by myself. What I definitely wasn't expecting at all, was that Jasper is still holding me close against his comfy body. His joyful smile instantly makes my stomach erupt once again with thousands of butterflies, my cheeks burning up with an impressive blush. Being the awkward person that I naturally am, I quickly hide my face once again next to Jaspers neck. That way no one can see me blushing, while I also get to enjoy this closeness for even longer. A compete plus in my books! The purring that comes from his chest makes this hiding place all the more comfy as it already was, therefore I have cero reason to come out any time soon.
„Hiding is so not fair." Emmet childishly whines as I can't stop but giggle quietly. Finding it rather funny that such a big guy acts like that. Even more so since Emmet is huge with tons of muscles!
„It's ok love. There is no need to hide your beautiful face from us." Jasper softly whispers, surely trying to lure me out of my hiding place. His head slightly nuzzling mine to encourage me even further to lift my head back up. Since I want to make him happy, I slowly lift my head back up. As I do, I straight on stair into his beautiful light brown eyes that seem to sparkle like a million stars combined. Something they surely haven't done back in school. I don't know for how long we gazed into each others eyes, and I definitely don't care either. It feels so incredibly right to do it and I also feel as if we connect through our eyes on some kind of a deeper level. Sounds strange, I know, but it's the truth! Simple as that.
„You feel comfy." I softly tell him. Knowing that I usually would be panicked for even daring vocalizing such a sentence, but Jasper is safe. He feels so amazingly safe. His wide smile only assures me even more that he has absolutely no problem either that I said that.
„Thank you love. You feel pretty comfy too." he reply's just as honestly much to my joy. Someone clearing their throat, ends our gazing after some more time. Letting me realize once again that we indeed are still surrounded by the rest of the Cullen family. Somehow I get the urge to slowly shy away a bit, but the encouraging smile from Jasper stops me from doing so. The warm and safe feeling spreads around my body, allowing me to exhale deeply, before I slowly turn fully towards the others.
They seem slightly shocked by what they have just watched, still nothing within me feels anything negative, so I am fine.
„How was your nap little one?" Alice happily asks, seemingly the first out of all of them, to get their heads out of their shocked state. Happy to see her I smile even wider at her.
„It was good, thank you." I reply as they chuckle slightly at my cheerful answer. Guess that means that by now they all got out of their prior shock?
„How about we go and let you eat now? I am certain you are hungry by now?" Esme softly asks. Her whole demeanor one that can only be described as nurturing. I don't think I ever met someone like her ever before. Obviously dad is nurturing, but that's not what I meant by that. With him it's clear that he wants me to be healthy and happy. But with Esme it's different, its like she needs to look after everyone to feel good herself. As if she can't help herself but pamper everyone around her.
„Love? You still with us?" Jasper out of the blue questions as my eyes right away focus back on his. Something that by now feels like Second nature to me. He seems worried. Why thought?
„You spaced out a bit after Esme asked if you want to eat now." he quietly explains. Surely he figured out that I had no idea what he was talking about.
Right away my cheeks warm with the oh so familiar blush, yet I can't find it within me to worry about it. Instead I simply nod my head slowly. Food sounds pretty good right about now.
„That would be quit lovely." I add as they watch me closely as if not sure if they can believe me or not. Normally all of this staring would panic me, but I can't seem to. At least not if Jasper is one of the ones watching. On top of that it kind of feels nice to feel all of their eyes on me. Something absolutely new for me, to say the least! Till today, better yet till a few hours ago, I always felt judged whenever I could feel eyes on me. Especially if it were more then one pair. So to actually enjoy, those fairly new people in my lives watching me, is quit surprising. However a good surprise I think. It's definitely incredible to not automatically feel all those awful emotions running through my body, simply because someone looks at me for too long.
„Alright, then let's get some food into your belly princess." Carlisle says, as we all start to get up from the humongous couch. Jasper even doing so with me still in his arms. My cheeks immediately burn up bright red, still I can't get myself to jolt him or even ask him to put me back on my own two feet.
„How about I carry you instead shorty? Jasper has been hogging you up this whole time already." Emmet asks pleadingly as he once again pouts. He seemingly really wants to carry me instead. But why? Strangely enough I truly wouldn't have a problem with it, but not if my sweet Jasper gets all stiff just by the mention of it. My eyes instinctively catch his, while his grip slightly tightens around my waist. My hands also quickly copying his hold. His shaky breath seems to start to level out more and more the longer we once again stare into one another's eyes. I try to ensure him without words, that I won't leave his arms for as long as he needs to hold me. The least I after all want is for him to panic, especially if something as simply as that can prevent it from happening. And I do have to say, that I love being this close to him too. So it definitely is not a sacrifice on my side either.
„Babe." Edward whispers calmly. His right hand simultaneously gripping the back of Jaspers neck as if knowing that that's going to help him ground himself further. Wanting to also help him in anyway possible, he after all also did help me, I nuzzle my head against his neck and at times even placing some delicate kisses there. Honestly hoping that's going to help my sweet Jasper!
No idea for how long we stood still like that, truthfully not caring either. The only important thing to me is that Jasper calms back down, which he thankfully slowly does.