4

Mias pov:
The warm and comfy bed is to what I am waking up as the memory of finally being reunited with my dad sets in. It's an overwhelming happy feeling that spreads throughout my whole body at that realization alone. I made it! I finally made it back home to my dad!
A soft knock on my door lets me turn around, just in time to see dad quietly open the door and pull his head in to see if I am up already.
„Good morning baby girl. If you want to go to school you need to get up now." he whispers lovingly. Clearly still shocked as well that I truly am here. He already told me yesterday that I can start a few days after arriving in Forks. My old headmaster thankfully has send all my notes and grades to the new school, who then happily agreed to take me in as a new student. They, just like dad, made sure to inform me that I can have some days off before going to school again. Still, I do want to start as soon as possible. The longer I wait, the more nervous I get and the meaner things Isabella will spread around. So I simply smile tiredly at my patiently waiting dad.
„I am going to get ready. Thanks for waking me." I softly say in thanks as I throw the warm blanket off of me.
„No need to rush Mia, I will get our breakfast ready. Just come downstairs when you finish." dad reply's. My heart instantly fills with warmth that he is willing to prepare food for the both of us. Usually I would have to do it all by myself, whereas Isabella gets everything placed right in front of her. Not wanting to cry once again, I simply smile his way, before I hurry into my bathroom.
After a quick shower, I finish all my other business as well and even further get dressed. I decided on one of my absolute favorite dresses accompanied with some tights and a cardigan, it after all is rather chilly around here. As I make my way downstairs, Isabella's screaming was not to overhear as she screeches in anger at our dad. Seemingly pissed off and not at all  understanding why he would even buy me a car, when she, his real daughter, had to buy it herself. She even further seems furious about the fact that dad indeed prepared food for me as well.
„Listen here you ungrateful girl! Mia is going to live here with me, so if you keep on acting all mighty you can move out right away! Other than you, Mia is here because I want her to be here! So either suck it up and act civil or pack your things and move out. Your choice!" dad sternly tells her as she fumes even louder. Definitely not liking it at all that she no longer is number one around here.
„And just for your information, Mia is MY REAL daughter! You and your mother on the other hand made me sign my rights off, so if anyone isn't my daughter, than it's you!" dad adds. Sounding quit furious that she even dared to say I am not his real daughter. It also is new information for me that they made him right off his parental rights for Isabella, but can't say that I am too shocked about that.
The very moment I enter the kitchen, she turns around with complete murder in her eyes.
„Don't get too comfy around here. I will make sure everyone sees what a bitch you truly are. My friends and I run the school, so get ready for absolut hell on earth." she seethes towards me, as I can't do anything, but look absolutely petrified towards her. Slowly understanding that she already made sure that everyone will hate my guts even before I got here. The satisfied smile on her face never leaves as her face. Not even as dad grabs her arm and pushes her out the front door.
„One incident and you sit in the next plane back to Arizona. Maybe some of your stupid friends back there will take you in. Here on the other hand, you get barely accepted, so better not overstep my patient once again." dad tells her with something that sounds suspiciously like hatred. When he gets back to my side thought, he acts as if nothing even happened. He simply hugs me lovingly and kisses my forehead, before he makes an inviting hand gesture towards the filled plate on the table.
„Eat up baby girl." he softly instructs while making himself a plate as well.
The breakfast was great, talking with dad some more while eating his delicious ham and eggs with toasted and buttered bread. After I put the last forkful in my mouth, my eyes automatic wander towards the clock above the door. Guess I better head on out or I may be late on my first day at school. Which in turn would surely make me look even worse.
„Don't worry Mia. I am sure people will see what an incredible young woman you really are. The teachers along with the headmaster already know about what had happened in Arizona, so they know that you are nothing like Isabella try's to tell everyone." he try's to assure me that everything will turn out alright. The thought that my dad even went through the length, of telling the school what had truly occurred in Arizona, only shows me further what an amazing parent dad is. How lucky I honestly am to have him as my dad.
„Thank you dad! I love you." I truthfully say as he right away pulls me into another tight hug.
„Of course baby girl. I love you too. Now drive carefully, it's rather slippery on the streets." he says after kissing my forehead in farewell.
After I once more hug dad, I get into my car and slowly start the drive to the school. The lush green around here really is a pretty and soothing view. As stupid as it might sound, it only makes me feel even more at home than I already did with dad around.
When I get to the parking area, there are nearly no students outside anymore. Which I honestly am thankful for, it after all gives me a bit more time to brace myself for any of Isabella's threats. On the other side though, now I have to look for the office by myself. Well, let's hope I wont get lost in there, after all I really am rather horrible at finding places.
After I make sure that I indeed have my bag and I look decent, I walk towards the entry. From the side I can see two students standing outside as well, they seem to be in a deep conversation by the looks of it. The boy looks as if he is in physical pain, while the girl try's to console him. Maybe I shouldn't disturb them? But I also don't want to seem tardy on my first day here. Decisions decisions....
With a final shake of my head and one more deep breath, I walk towards them. Hopefully those aren't one of Isabella's friends or I am doomed.
„Excuse me? Can you maybe tell me where the headmasters office is at?" I timidly ask. The thought of running into my sisters gang worries me immensely. When the two of them however turn to face me, my breathe hitches slightly. How can someone be this incredibly beautiful!?
„Hey, of course we can. It's just through those doors on the left side of the corridor. You won't be able to miss it." The girl answers with a wide smile while the boy looks shocked, yet happy about something. I can right away feel myself relax and smile right back at them. More than relieved that they indeed were willing to help. Maybe this time school won't be as bad as back in Arizona. Maybe I can even make some friends!? That would be amazing!
„If you want, we could still walk you there? Just to be sure you find it without any trouble." The boy offers in a honey like voice. I can feel myself relax even further with the realization that those two are none of Isabella's friends. Their willingness to help me out is honestly astonishing. Both of their voices also have an incredible soothing effect on me. They make me feel safe and like I have found some kind of missing pieces of myself. Which definitely is weird! Especially since I usually am rather awkward around new people, or people in general.
„That would be quit lovely, thank you." I answer thankfully as my smile widens even further. Not able to fully contain the bubble of utter joy forming in the pit of my stomach. The complete happiness, that at least some of the students might be nice and not already brainwashed by my sister is nearly overwhelming.
„My name is Mia Swan, Charlie's adopted daughter." I introduce myself with joy shining in my eyes alone from the mention of my dad. I have always felt incredibly proud of having Charlie as my father.
„It's a pleasure to meet you Mia, thats Edward Cullen and my name is Alice Cullen." The girl now known as Alice introduces the both of them. Guess those two are siblings? I mean, at least they have the same surename.
„Shall we?" Edward ask with a soft smile, as Alice and I both only nod in reply. The walk towards the office was short and quick one, somehow i kind of feel sad about that fact. After all, it means we already have to part ways, otherwise they may be even more late to their classes as they already are.
„Thanks again for your help, I really appreciate it." I say gratefully. Honestly still shocked that someone was even willing to help me out. I truthfully expected everyone to be mean and mock me. Isabella after all told me already that she will make school a living hell for me. Which I sadly believe her right away. She always had people wrapped around her fingers.
„No worries, it was our pleasure after all." Alice tells me with a giggle, that I am joining only seconds later. Her giggles felt so amazing and made my stomach fill with a bunch of butterflies.
„Why don't I wait out here for you? This school is kind of a maze, not that you get lost on your way to your first class." Edward softly offers, shocking me even further at their gallantry. I can already feel the tears forming in my eyes. Don't judge! I am just not used to someone being this nice to me! I quickly try to blink my tears away, not at all wanting my maybe new friends, to think I am even stranger then I already am.
„Are you sure? I wouldn't want you guys to get in trouble for being late because of me." I quietly ask. Still not able to believe that they would wait for me out here. Maybe they only now realize that it's already that late?
„Don't worry about it little one, no one will get in any trouble and if we should, then we don't care either." Alice simply says as I sigh in utter relief.
„Thank you, I will make sure to tell the headmaster about your offer. Hopefully he can write you guys some excuses for your teachers." I thank them gratefully before I enter the office. Hopefully the headmaster really is as nice and understanding as dad told me.
„How may I help you young lady?" an oldish man with glasses and a soft smile questions soothingly. Seemingly already picking up on my nervousness.
„My name is Mia Swan, sir. I was told to come to your office before my first day of school." I say, trying my best to sound as calm and confident as possible. But by the look on the headmaster's face, I am doing a horrible job at it.
„Of course! It's lovely to finally meet you Mia. Charlie has told me and the whole stuff all about you." he softly says and really seems to mean what he says, which does help me calm down a bit. The conformation that my dad truly has told everyone about me makes me smile shyly. Thankful that he truly went through such trouble, just to make sure I would be treated nicely.
„Those are the papers I need you to fill out and that one, is the one all of your teachers need to sign at the start of each of your lessons." he goes on to explain while handing me all the necessary papers.
„I also want you to know that you can always come to my office, or talk with any teacher if Isabella, or anyone for the matter, should give you any trouble. We already know what went down in your last school and I can assure you that nothing like that will happen here." he tells me matter of factly. The honesty in his words surprise, yet calm me. It's good to know that they won't allow anything negative to happen around here.
„Thank you. That means a lot sir." I thank him, to which he simply nods.
„Alice and Edward Cullen offered to escort me to my first lesson. I hope they won't get in any trouble for that?" I softly say. The utter shock of my statement surprises me. Are they usually not that nice? I can't believe that they wouldn't help out?
It took nearly a full minute, before the headmaster shakes his head slightly as if to clear his mind.
„Just hand them those slips, so their teachers will know that they were excused." he says still slightly irritated as he hands me two more slips of papers.
„Thank you sir. I better get going now. And once again thank you for everything sir." I once more thank him and then walk back outside where the two siblings still are patiently waiting, with wide smiles plastered on their faces.
„Well, which class do you have first?" Edward softly asks. His hand already reaching out towards the papers in my hands.