13

Mia's pov:
„Sorry." Jasper whispers, sounding ashamed of himself. No idea why thought. What I however know with certainty, is that I absolutely will not allow him to feel negatively about himself. Not on my watch!
„Nope! You are not allowed to say sorry, for something like that. Your feelings are as valuable as everybody else's, and on top of all of that, I definitely enjoyed some more cuddles with you as well. So no saying sorry mister." I try to say as sternly as I can possible master, while he looks at me in utter surprise. His beautiful eyes filling with tears, so since I have no idea what I could do to make him feel any better, I softly peck his cheeks lovingly. The sheer amount of joy that overtakes his whole face makes me beam happily myself. Honestly rather proud of myself for making my sweet Jasy smile this widely. Even more so since he just was close to tears.
„There we go!" I softly say and once again peck his cheeks as if it's the most normal thing to do. Maybe I should think later on about my openness towards this family. Especially since it's so completely out of my normal behavior. Right now however, I need to make sure Jasper stays happy.
„Thank you love." he quietly says. His eyes once again are back to shining joyfully, even thought I can still see some nervousness within them. Yet it's way better than I expected only a few minutes prior, therefore I am happy!
„Lets go and get some food in your tummy before it starts to eat itself." he says with a wink, that like always, makes me blush. The rest of the family also happily walks along with us, as Esme hurry's into the bright and modern kitchen. Everything around here, at least what I have seen so far, seems to be very expensive. Yet it has a very homey vibe with all of those beautiful family pictures and paintings on the walls. The huge windows in each room around here allow for an amazing view on the wood that surrounds their home, therefore giving the rooms even more natural light and charm.
„Here you go sweetheart. I hope it tastes alright." Esme says as she places a steaming plate of lasagne right in front of me. Jasper also took a seat right next to me and smiles encouragingly as he sees me watching him carefully. So with him calmly sitting by my side, I focus on the sweet woman that cooked this deliciously smelling food for me.
„Thank you Esme, it smells absolutely delightful." I thank her honestly as she smiles brightly. Seemingly happy about my honest joy on her cooked good. After the first bite I take, I humm in utter bliss. It tastes even better then it already smells, which I thought was not possible at all. The tomato sauce with the noodles and bechamel sauce are fantastic and the gooey cheese is rounding it up in utter perfection!!
„That tastes unbelievably good! Thank you so very much Esme!" I say in astonishment as I hurry to hug that wonderful woman. Her arms right away wrap around my body as she places her head on top of mine. Perks of being this small I guess...
„You are very welcome sweetheart." she says and kisses my head. My heart instantly skips a beat, before it starts to race as if I have been running a marathon.
„Now, back on your place you go. I can still hear your tummy grumbling and we can't have that now can we." she softly says with a wide smile plastered on her sweet face as my cheeks burn right back up at the mention of my grumbling stomach.
„Ok. Thanks again." I shyly say and peck her cheek. Afterwards I quickly get back on my place and start eating all over again. Only when I am nearly done I realize that the others are not eating anything. Strange? Aren't they hungry as well?
„What are you thinking about so hard my love?" Jasy asks me curiously. Hearing his voice alone, is enough to get my full attention back on him. The first thing I check on is his eyes, they always seem to be an honest reflection of his feelings. Thankfully he seems to be perfectly fine, simply interested i guess. Therefore I feel safe enough to honestly tell him about my thought process, hoping that way I get an easy answer to my question. What I wasn't expecting at all and find rather weird to be honest, is that they all stiffen up in uncertainty and maybe even nervousness. Something I don't like seeing at all, especially not if I am the very reason for it. The last thing I want is to make them uncomfortable. They after all have been so unbelievably sweet towards me and even helped me out quit a bit today, therefore I don't want to hurt their feelings or anything along those lines.
„You don't need to answer if you don't want to. I am sorry if I overstepped any boundaries." I quickly add in the hope of soothing them. Sadly it doesn't seem to work that well. Damn it! I really thought they could become my friends, but I obviously had to ruin that within the very first day of meeting them.
„Don't be silly shorty! We only have a very uncommon diet, that's why we don't eat right now. I can however guarantee you that you didn't overstep any boundaries at all. We simply were surprised anyone would even notice us not eating as well. Usually everyone is so engrossed with themselves that they don't pay us any mind." Emmet softly explains as I can feel myself relax. I honestly was terrified I might of ruined whatever this is between all of them and I.
„Oh, I am sorry that others weren't paying you guys any mind. That's rather impolite of them." i slowly say as they smile adoringly my way. Jasy even lays his left hand on my feet in a silent way of gratitude I think.
„I also am sorry for being this ignorant of your diet, if you would of told me earlier on, I wouldn't of let you cook for me either." I add as they hurriedly shake their heads in disagreement.
„Oh no princess! We all enjoy cooking quit a bit, especially Esme. She was overjoyed to be able to cook something for you." Carlisle soothingly and honestly explains as they all nod along with bright and encouraging smiles plastered on their faces. Well, I guess if she truthfully was enjoying to cook, I guess I can accept that. Still I am going to make sure to eat before meeting up with any of them again. If they have to eat this seemingly strict diet, then it cant be that easy to watch me eat normally.