6

Emmets pov:
After Edward and Alice decided to wait a bit longer until they enter this shit hole of a school. The rest of us made our way to class without them.
It's rather boring to start school over and over again. We already have tons of doctorals and master degrees, so why keep on pretending. I know we could do so much more fun things together right about now. Instead we however sit here, listening to all those annoying humans. The news of the new swan girls arrival, is in my mind already old news, but they still keep on talking shit about her. I don't even know that girl till now and I already feel kind of sorry for her. My mates and I heard what had happened in Arizona. The thought alone that she willingly went back to her old foster home, tells you just how bad her homelive must of been. I mean, her mother even got put under arrest for child endangerment and abuse!! Yet here that stupid Isabella brat runs around spreading lies of how horrible her sister is. How she lied to everyone and now even got her innocent mother into prison. The worst part in all of this, is that some of those idiots around here believe her! This girl already escaped hell and now sadly has to fight all over again. Sometime I really hate humans!
Feeling my phone vibrate, I quickly grab it to check it. What I definitely wasn't expecting at all, was the news that Edward and Alice found our missing mate. Our last missing piece! The questions seem to flow out of me as I ask at least twenty of them by text. Rosalie and Jasper also type in a hurry. All of us seconds away from jumping up and running towards said mate of ours. Sadly we however have to keep up the act of being normal human beings. We also don't want to overwhelm our little mate, so we got to be patient. Something I definitely am not good in.
The second I read that Mia Swan is our missing mate, it nearly makes me loose control. How dare those assholes talk badly about MY mate!? Oh they are going to regret it! I literally am seething in my seat. Only thinking of what my mate had to go through makes me furious. How dare anyone hurt my mate! My surely perfect mate! Alice description only makes me yearn for her even more. Hopefully I will have some lessons with her so I can meet her sooner.
„Alright class! Lets begin with page 142. You may do those math problems on your own. It will give me an overview if you understood the newer lessons or not." mister Langdon instructs. Like always giving us a quiet exercise to give us all the time to wake up quietly. Within seconds I finish said problems and go back to daydreaming about my new mate.
A sudden knock on the door gets me out of my mind as a wide smile instantly forms on my face. Already hearing my mates talk outside, Edward and Alice seem to make sure that our newly found mate indeed is ready to enter our classroom. The second they enter and my eyes fall on her tiny form my dead heart skips a beat. She is absolutely stunning!
„We are sorry for being late mister Langdon, we were helping Miss Swan find her way around here." Edward states with his usual, I don't give a damn about you voice. The teacher simply takes the two slips from both of my siblings while his attention lays on our sweet mate. His smile seems reassuring and honest, so I try to stay calm and not go ballistic at him for watching my mate for such a long time.
„The headmaster asked me to hand you this to sign please." the sweetest voice I have ever heard says. Even the teacher and some of our other classmates seem to melt at her cuteness. Well whoever thinks that she can even hurt a fly is highly mistaken. Even less what that bitchy Isabella said!
„Thank you miss Swan. I am afraid there is only one more seat empty in the back row." he thanks her after signing it quickly. The way he said that the only open seat is by our side slightly angers me. But I also am way too happy to have my sweet baby this close by my side. She carefully walks towards the back, my other two mates following close behind her. I can see as one of the bitches friend stick out her feet to make my mate fall. Edward, who thankfully must of read my mind, or seen it himself quickly catches her as she started to fall.
„Stop acting like a spoiled brat and leave her alone." Alice growls at Jessica. As fed up with her behavior as I myself am. While the teacher also scolds her, my tiny mate came to a halt next to me. Her sweet scent is something I surely am going to get addicted to. It also fits her whole demeanor perfectly!
„You can sit here angel, that's Emmet, he won't let anyone harm you either." Edward softly tells a now blushing Mia. Not wanting her to be afraid of me, I right away smile welcoming towards her. Thankfully it seems to work as some of the tension starts to leave her shoulders.
„Hey! It's a pleasure to meet you." I honestly say and right away see her relax even further as she smiles back at me.
„Nice to meet you too Emmet." she whispers. The way my name rolls off of her sweet lips, lets me shudder in pure bliss. How can someone be this perfect? While I still keep on daydreaming, the very reason for my daydream pulls out her book and some pencils, before starting to work on the math problems. She seems to have cero problem with them, as she quickly scribbles all of the answers down. After finishing, she starts to look around the room some more. She seems irritated that most of our classmates, well everyone except my mates and I, are still working on those problems. When her eyes fall onto mine she blushes slightly. Oh, such a shy baby I have. Then her eyes went to her left, surely looking towards Edward and Alice.
„Are you ok Edward? You seem as if you are in pain?" she worriedly asks him quietly, as to not draw any attention on their conversation.
„Oh no, I am fine angel. No need to worry. I am just angry that Jessica tried to hurt you." he softly explains, whereas I know for a certainty that he also is more than pissed from all of her and the others thoughts as well. Which reminds me, does he know what our tiny mate thinks? Does she like us? Or does she think of us as strange?
„Can't hear her." he answers my question so quietly no one other than us vampires could hear him. It's quit strange that he can't read her mind when he was able to do so with everyone else he has met so far.
„Please don't be angry. Nothing has happened, thanks to you I might add. So thank you, I really appreciate it." her sweet voice answers my brothers earlier reply.
„I know, still it annoys me. There was no reason to be this rude and disrespectful." Edward says in a tone that says that's all he is going to say about that topic. Honestly I do understand, he after all is also able to hear their thoughts, so it's no wonder he is that angry.
I can see her try to decide on something before she slowly lifts her hand and lays it on top of Edward's.
„I know that you still are annoyed, I get it, but please don't waste any more time or energy on any of their thoughts and actions. None of them are worth it." she whispers while still caressing his arm with her thumb. Edward's stoic expression pretty much immediately vanishes as he now is smiling lovingly at our tiny mate.
„You are right angel. Thank you for helping me stay level headed." he thanks her as she blushes again. It's amazing to see and hear how loving our tiny mate is, even further since she only knows them for half an hour!