24

Mia's pov:
When we finished with cooking, which I do have to say was a really great experience, Carlisle scoops me up from the counter and instead places me on a chair by the dinner table.
„Enjoy sweetheart." he adds after kissing my head lovingly. Making the butterflies erupt all over again at his touches. The steaming plate, full of the sweet and sour chicken along with the stir fry and rice has been carried over by Alice for me, which I definitely appreciate! The food on said plate absolutely smells divine! So after smiling at all of them once again, I take the very first bite. The different spices strangely enough balance themselves out perfectly. Guess I have lacked out on so many wonderful dishes, even way more than I ever thought!
„What do you say love? Is it any good?" my sweet Jassie questions with a bright smile on his lips. The others also watch me in anticipation of what I might think of it.
„It's really delicious! Thank you guys for introducing me to this wonderful dish and even further cooking it for me. I really appreciate it." I softly thank them as their smiles only widen in joy that I indeed enjoy the food.
„Thats good to know short stuff." Emmet says before anyone else could. His beautiful eyes nearly twinkle in happiness as he stares at me with a loving look plastered on his face.
„Go on, you need to eat up to keep your strength." he adds since i still am staring at him instead of eating. With a happy giggle at my own silliness, I once again take the fork in my hand to start to eat once again.
Just as I nearly finished my plate Jane, Alec and Demetri once again join us much to my excitement. Those three really are very funny and even more generous, something I absolutely love. Even more so since they not once said anything rude or acted mean towards anyone around here.
„Have you finished unpacking your stuff or do you need some help later on?" I ask them with a shy smile. Afraid they might think of it as intrusive and not see it as the nice offer as which it's meant as. Their smile instantly widens at my question while they take a seat around the table as well.
„That's rather sweet of you Mia, but we already finished with unpacking. We honestly didn't bring that much along with us, so it was rather easy to unpack." Alec answers.
„Still thank you very much for the offer. That means a lot to us." Jane is quick to add with a now even wider smile as prior. Which I do have to say I enjoy quit a bit. I really do like it, if people are happy, after all I know out of first hand experience how damaging it can be to be constantly sad or depressed.
„What do you want to do now angel?" Edward questions with adoring eyes. Making me blush and start to bite my lip in thought. If I am honest, I would love to drive home now. Maybe dad won't take that much longer to arrive back there as well?
„What's the matter little one?" Alice asks even softer. Surely understanding that I am not sure if I can state my wish or not. After all I don't want to make them feel as if I don't like them. Especially since that's the furthest from the truth! I simply am not that used to be around that many people, even more so since I am with them since this morning.
„Love? You know you can tell us whatever runs through your mind. Right?" Jasper adds soothingly. Like always understanding my feelings the most out of all of them. At times it honestly feels as if he knows them better than I myself!
„It's just that I would love to drive home now. Please don't be sad, I just really want to spend some time with dad." I whisper. Honestly terrified that I might hurt them with my wish of leaving their house now. It's easy to see that they aren't too happy about it, yet they seem to try there best to not show it too much. Of course my stomach still falls at their sad frowns. I knew I should of stayed quiet.
„That's completely understandable my love. Why don't we call your dad beforehand thought? It would make me feel better to know that you won't be home alone with that other thing." Jasper asks me with nothing but open understanding and worry in his eyes. The memory alone of Isabella still living within the same house as me, makes my own worry skyrocketing too. Maybe it indeed would be wise to stay here where it's safe.
„Hey, it's ok. We won't allow anyone to hurt you ever again princess." Carlisle promises earnestly. The sheer honesty lets me nod along with him. He is right, nothing will happen to me. Not with them or my dad around me.
„Let me call Charlie for you, ok?" he questions after he once again got my full attention on him. And what else should I do other than agree to that. They surely are right after all. It's best to ask when dad gets back home, just to be on the save side.
„That would be really nice of you. Thank you Carlisle." I agree and thank him for offering. It's really sweet of all of them to even think of calling my dad for me.
„No worries princess." he simply says and pecks my cheek. Making said cheeks yet again turn bright red at their open show of affection. Not that I don't enjoy it, quit the opposite. I absolutely love all of their touches, hugs and their company in general.
„We still need to exchange our phone numbers. I nearly forgot that we haven't done that just yet." Rosalie says with wide eyes as if petrified that we indeed nearly forgot to do just that. Once again my belly flutters in excitement that someone actually want to exchange numbers with me. It even further shows me that this special family truly cares and want to spend time with me.
„Here, why don't you just save your number and I call you right away so you have mine as well." I shyly say and hand her over my phone. Her happy smile is infectious as she giggles cutely before her phone starts to ring quietly. Instead of handing me my phone back thought, she instead hands it over to Emmet who pretty eagerly takes it and also starts to enter his number into my phone. This repeats itself over and over until it got to Esme.
„Here you go precious." She says with a wide smile as she hands my phone back after they each saved their number into it. With a shy smile I peek at Jane and bite my lip in thought before I finally decide to try my luck.
„Would you maybe also give me your number?" I whisper unsure of her reaction, as well as the other two boys reply.
„Of course! I am happy to!" she says rather loudly in excitement. Making me feel silly for even worrying to begin with.
„Thank you." I say after she hands it back. However only after informing me of the fact that she also entered Demetri's and Alecs number which I am rather happy about. Overjoyed that I seem to have made three more friends. Which is something I could of only dreamed off only a few days ago.