chp. 04

HOME

"I start my first day of school tomorrow

"I start my first day of school tomorrow. Good night, love you!" The female spoke through the phone to her mother, her mobile between the side of her head and her shoulder as she organised her closet.

It was the second day of Hwayoung's moving journey. She spent the whole day unpacking her belongings and mainly decorated her room with a few groceries that she purchased this early morning on the kitchen island.

However, the apartment still didn't feel like a home. The living room was empty because she wasn't able to afford any couches yet nor any decorations, only a plain carpet that sat in the centre of the vast space.

23:24

The Song quickly brushed her teeth, leaning on the sink as she stared deeply into her own eyes.

After living in this apartment for only two days, she already began to feel deserted, she needed someone to company her. After washing up, she trailed back to her bed room that was the most comfortable out of all the rooms in the place. Sliding into the comforts of her bed, she picked up her phone from the floor.

Hwayoung began scrolling through various part-time jobs on her phone, the screen light shining against her smooth, pale skin.

While applying for a few nearby jobs that were flexible with working times, she felt her eyelids getting heavy and closing by themselves.

Aware that she has her first early class next morning, she resulted in going to sleep.

Slipping on loose brown jeans and tucking in a mid-length white top before sliding in the sleeves of an oversized beige cardigan to fit with the weather.

Hwayoung was somewhat excited but also worried at the same time.

She packed her books and stationary into her book bag, taking an energy bar from the unfilled cabinets in the kitchen - she left to attend her first class at Jinguk University.

One of South Korea's most outstanding universities, with leading studies all over the world, Jinguk University. The school provided a diversity of fields for its students, with large buildings and a variety of educational resources.

The book bag slung around her shoulders as she walked towards the campus.

Once she stepped foot into the modern grounds, she lifted her head to see the top of the towering buildings. A huge block of concrete letters introducing her to the name of the school, making the Song feel proud and honoured that she was able to take such an oppurtunity.

Her white sneakers pattered against the pavers that surrounded the campus, strolling pass many other students of all ages. They all seemed to be in a rush, knowing that the campus was large and their tight schedule could be across each other.

Hwayoung's first law class was at 9am, it was currently quarter pass 8. It was unlike high school, where everyone was cheerful in their school uniforms. Instead, everyone was serious and you were able to identify the distinction between everyones styles - some chose to be comfy while others desired to be fashionable.

The female explored the campus grounds, one hand holding her phone with her schedule while the other was gripping on the strap of her bags. Hwayoung had took a one year break from her previous university, because she was unable to afford the tuition - fortunately, at this school, she got a scholarship that paid for all her expenses relating to the university.

She headed to her first class, which was in Building 1.

Entering the large and contemporary lecture hall, she found herself taking a seat near the back corner of the place.

As more students gathered in the law theatre, she pulled out her books and her pencil case.

The female lifted her head up, realising that most of the students pulled out their laptops instead of their books.

It confused the Song, but she ignored it, knowing she didn't own a laptop anyway. She observed how the students were separated into large groups, assuming that they were close rather than herself who knew no one at the school.

Right before the class was about to start, a male had taken a seat one seat away from her.

He had fluffy dark brown hair, chocolate eyes with a few Western features on his face, wearing a light blue hoodie and ripped jeans.

Hwayoung glanced over to his notebook that was labelled with the characters, 'CHWE HANSOL'.

i made vernon do law bc of that one gose episode 🫣🫣 the one where he was the judge AHAHA