chp. 25

VILLAIN SEDUCTION

While the rest of the group continued to canoe after an hour, Hwayoung decided to shower first, leaving her as the only figure in the beach house

She blow-dried her hair in the girls' room, staring into the mirror as she mixed around her dark strands. Because the sound of the turbulent noise that the blow-dryer produced, she didn't notice the other female that entered the room.

"Hey, Yerin." She greeted, finally taking notice of the female through the mirror reflection. She then turned the plug off, setting away the dryer.

"Hi." The Lim answered dryly, digging through her opened suitcase that took up majority of the floor space.

Hwayoung was about to leave the room before someone pulled her by the shoulder, making her stumble backwards. Her eyes widened at the sudden force, eyebrows furrowing as she stared into the culprit.

"Stop trying to seduce my boy friend."

"What?"

"I get it, you two are roommates and maybe friends. But, just so you know- he doesn't want you back. So stop trying to chase him and stick to your own guys." Yerin crossed her arms, spitting out threatening words as she pierced lasers into the confused females' face.

However, Hwayoung wasn't stunned by this, knowing that she isn't in the wrong from her point of view. "I don't get what you mean-"

"Stop playing nonsense!" The Lim suddenly raised her voice in the room that only held two figures. "I know what you're trying to do. If I even catch you trying to steal my boy friend, you'll be seeing the end of the world."

Jeonghan had many other girl friends and hoes, why was she the first person to attempt to threaten her.

"Look- I'm not trying to seduce Jeonghan or whatever, care about your own boy friend caring about his roommate. It's not my problem-"

"We're back!" Goeun announced, entering the beach house with a towel wrapped around her body and her short blonde hair almost fully soaked.

The Song sighed as she wasn't able to complete her sentence. She looked back up to Yerin until she exited the room, hitting her female's shoulder on the way. Gosh, what's her problem?

"Woah Goeun, you got soaking wet." Hwayoung joked, ignoring whatever warnings that she was previously enlightened on.

"Well someone pushed me into the water." The Jeong began fake coughing before continuing to speak, eyeing one particular male. "Seungkwan." The mentioned male only hid his face in guilt, running to the male's bathroom of the house.

"Everyone! Wash up and then we'll have dinner. After, we can get some drinks and snacks from the local store and play games." Goeun announced, making her own way to the girl's bedroom.

It took around an hour and a half for everyone to finish washing up and getting ready, all their stomachs began silently rumbling due to the lack of food that they ate during lunch. Right now, it was pretty tense between Hwayoung and Yerin but they haven't had any alone time since.

Once everyone gathered in the living room, they exited the beach house and headed towards a seafood restaurant that Goeun's uncle recommended.

They each took a seat at the long wooden table inside the restaurant; Hwayoung sitting between Jihyun and Goeun, across from Chan. The menu was a set menu, depending on what the most fresh and fitting ingredients of the day were.

The waiter came over and distributed the small paper cups of water, also aligning a napkin and utensils onto the glossy, wooden table.

For some reason, it felt weird to be the customer sitting at the table, not the waiter serving others - in Hwayoung's opinion.

Soon, the large portions of dishes began getting placed, the group of eight digging in to fulfil their hunger. Occasionally, Chan would reach for some dishes for Hwayoung and she would do the same as a sign of gratitude. The friend group also split into several groups while talking since if they all spoke together, it would too much of a hassle to be able to hear everyone.

"What's your favourite food?" The Song questioned the male that sat across from her.

"Kimchi fried rice." He laughed aloud. "It's basic but it's always the best when my mom makes it."

Hwayoung could definitely agree with this; food is always best when it is home-cooked by your parents. "I also love the food my mom makes. Nothing can compare to her cooking."

"Exactly! Even if it tastes like shit- which it doesn't, it'll still be my favourite." The Lee opinionated before taking a bite of the spicy braised monkfish that the female provided him onto his plate.

The two who were completely immersed in their conversation, didn't realise the male that was staring at them, mainly focusing on the female.

"Jeonghan. Have some of this." Yerin offered with a smile plastered onto her plump lips. Her boy friend only nodded as a signal of thanks, eating silently.

"Yerin, eat more." Jihyun proposed, referring to her plate that had barely any food on it.

"Ah no, it's fine. I'm pretty full right now." The Lim smiled in return, immediately dropping as soon as Jihyun turned around. She felt somewhat mad that her and her boy friend were the only quiet ones compared to the other talking groups - blaming it on Jeonghan who barely spoke through the whole dinner.

The rest of them enjoyed their meals and their conversations joyfully, packing up before they left to visit the local grocery store.

"Drinks, here we go!"

It's so fun writing the youth of their college life like it reminds me of those kdramas