chp. 43

TRAITOR

A day passed, Jeonghan slept in the apartment unit by himself while Hwayoung stayed at Chan's house

The Yoon stayed in bed, dazed and all his thoughts were disorganised. Soon, he was interrupted by a call ringing from his phone. It was his leader.

"Hello-"

"Jeonghan. Come back to the base, right now."

The mentioned male didn't even talk back, simply hanging up and began getting dressed for hell. He slipped on some casual clothes, a pair of jeans and an oversized tee shirt. At this point, he didn't even care about his tired presentation, just wanted to get everything over and done with.

He grabbed his forgotten keys, heading down to the apartment parking lot and turning on his own vehicle. He inhaled before beginning to drive to a lasting destination, somewhere where he spent most of his life in.

Parking in the underground lot of the base, he prepared himself for the worse. By the tone of his leader's voice, he was definitely not happy.

Jeonghan made it up to the meeting room, expecting that there is where all the members will be. And he was correct. As soon as he stepped inside that meeting room, he was introduced to a tense atmosphere and all the members staring at him in shock.

He stood there at the end of the long, white table where all the members sat across him on the other side. Inhaling again, his eyes darted towards his leader who seemed overly furious about the situation.

"Jeonghan! What did you do?" His loud voice rang through out the whole base and the members beside him had to try calming him down. His face was already turning red and the veins on his neck popped out. "Are you mental? What in the right mind would you think to do that?"

The Yoon accepted his fate, knowing that it was his fault that he broke a rule of their gang.

Seungcheol sighed aloud, everyone's attention directed at him. "Jeonghan, this was for a mission. Not for you to go find your love! This isn't love island. I get it, it was apart of your role but did you seriously fall for someone? Did you seriously fall in love? You just broke a rule."

Jeonghan's eyes raked over the scene, halting his view at one member. Joshua was the one that reported it to him, he thought he could trust him.

"Jeonghan, you must be expecting no consequences because why aren't you responding to me? I'm your leader!" Once again, Jeonghan stayed silent, holding his firm eye contact with Seungcheol.

"Hyung-"

"Shut up! This is a serious situation, not just some fun joke!" He interrupted Dokyeom who tried to call him down.

The rest of the members continued to throw their eyes between the leader and the ace of the gang, hearing their audible and tense breaths between the periods of silence.

"Don't come back to the base for a week. Don't do anything. Don't even try to talk to any of us. When I think about it, I'll contact you. But, no matter what, don't try to come back to the base yet." His stern tone scared the other members, other than Jeonghan who stayed relaxed. 

"Hyung, think about it-" Soonyoung's recommendation was disrupted by the glare sent by their leader.

"Jeonghan, say something! Apologise!" 

"I'm sorry." He apologised blankly, worrying the other members with his straight-forward tone. 

"Get out. Now!" His voice rang between the walls, making everyone flinch in fear as he breathed heavily. Obediently, the Yoon stepped outside of the meeting room, taking one last look to Joshua. 

The Hong's body stiffened at his stare, knowing that he was the one that told Seungcheol about Jeonghan's huge mistake. Nonetheless, Jeonghan still left the room.

His thoughts weren't puzzled anymore, he only wanted one thing. Was it to get Hwayoung back or return to the gang?

"Why did you let him go?" The elder man's angry voice spiked through the walls, making the targeted males drop onto their nears and connect their hands into a praying motion.

"I'm sorry." Kang Wonchan spoke up first, looking down to the floor.

"I'm sorry." The rest of the members followed his words, all looking down like peasants to Yoon Eunwoo who sat on the special chair. Although, it was obvious that their apologies were not accepted yet.

Eunwoo pulled out a rope from the floor, bending his ageing body for the sake of a weapon. Irritatedly, the elder Yoon spanked them each harshly with the rope, making them groan. 

"Does it hurt? Does it fucking hurt?" His voice spat, hitting them each harder each time, his grim tone made them not react, holding in the distinct pain they felt at that moment. "How could I have raised you all to be so stupid? Why would you let him away like that? And everyone else?

 "How could I have raised you all to be so stupid? Why would you let him away like that? And everyone else?

Uh oh