chp. 16

QUESTION MARK

"Jeonghan!" The Lim squealed when the door to the apartment unlocked, revealing a tall male

Hwayoung didn't know what to do when Yerin came over - so, she just went back into her room to avoid the social awkwardness and hope that the female doesn't make a mess. Deciding to study to try ignore the presence of her roommates 'girl friend' inside the building.

"Where were you?" She asked, jumping up from the couch seat.

"I was at my friend's house." He slid his hand to her slim waist and leaned down to peck her forehead. It was absolutely disgusting for the fact that Hwayoung could hear the smooch all the way from her own bedroom.

Yerin felt her cheeks reddened, "Are you going to Hyunsuk's party?"

The mention of a party ringed something in the Song's mind. Right. Why did Jeonghan ask her to go the party with him, even if he already has a girl friend? She stabbed her pen instinctively into her study notes as she heard the guest's high pitched voice.

"Of course." The Yoon replied calmly. "Where's Hwayoung?"

The said female flinched, realising that she was so focused on their conversation rather than her work. She bit her lip nervously in hopes that Yerin wouldn't say anything bad about her or drag her out of her room.

"Hwayoung? Oh, she's in there." The Lim pointed to the bedroom, making Jeonghan nod before he returned to his own bedroom with his girl friend following suit. "Babe. You never told me your roommate was a girl."

"Sorry, Rin. It just didn't come up so I thought it wasn't necessary." He replied, patting the head of the female who sat on his bed.

"It's okay." She smiled. "Let's tell each other everything, okay?" Jeonghan nodded and leaned down from his position, placing his lips onto the females.

Hwayoung wasn't curious about what happened next, simply glad that she heard the door shut close. Her mind then drifted back to her study notes, but were quickly interrupted by the thought of the party.

Whose party is this in the first place? She wondered - speculating if her friends knew about this. Spinning with the pen in her hand as her eyes bored into the wall until she received a call from her phone beside her.

Reading the contact name, she immediately dropped the pen and picked up the mobile.

"Mom! What's up?"

"Hey, Young. Nothing much, just missing you."

The daughter giggled, putting her phone to her ear. "What are you doing?"

"I'm cooking dinner right now. What about you? Have you eaten yet?"

Hwayoung thought about the food she ordered, it seems that it hasn't gotten delivered yet. "Not yet, but I ordered something to eat!"

"That's good. What are you doing right now?"

"I'm studying. So repetitive but it's fun."

She heard her mother's laugh ring through the line. "When I was younger, I hated studying. How's your roommate?"

The Song paused her speech for a bit, "He's fine- I think we're getting closer."

"Well that's good. I want to see him one day, is he handsome?"

"I guess he's somewhat attractive, but no. Not my type."

Her mother chuckled, "Alright then. I'll let you continue on your studying. Cheer up!"

The daughter bid her goodbyes online and set her phone done, drawing her attention back to the stacks of paper in front of her. She tucked the loose hair behind her ears and picked up the pen again before she heard a voice from behind.

"Attractive but not your type?" The Yoon inquired, inviting himself inside the female's room. Hwayoung jolted at his appearance, spinning around in her chair to face him. "Thanks for calling me attractive. But, how can I be your type?"

"Oh shut up. Has Yerin gone home- Is that mine?" She was referring to the white plastic bag with a receipt attached to it in his hands, a transparent material revealing the black container inside.

"Yeah, she went home. You can have this only if you tell me your type." Jeonghan observed as his roommate glared at him and tried to take the meal in his hand but he quickly dodged, teasing her.

Hwayoung sighed, feeling her stomach rumble already. "Fine. Someone who is kind, loyal and understanding. Also someone that doesn't change girl friends every day depending on their mood. Good now?"

The Yoon tilted his head at her description. "Hey. I'm kind, loyal and understanding. And I don't change-"

The female snatched the plastic bag off of him and walked out of her room to the kitchen to prepare her delivery meal with Jeonghan chasing after her.

He took a seat in front of her at the kitchen island, facing the Song who took out the packaged foods out of the plastic bag. On the other hand, Hwayoung wanted to ask about the party - she was curious but if she asked, he might think she was interested in going.

"Do you want some?"

Jeonghan shook his head, leaning his weight onto his arm that rested on the island. "I already ate at my friend's house."

"Joshua's?" The Song questioned, pulling out utensils from the drawer and taking a seat next to the male before she began eating.

"Yeah. How'd you know?" He asked back.

Hwayoung shrug as she took a bite of her food. "He was the first person that came to mind. Isn't he like your only friend?"

The Yoon scoffed, "I have other friends. Way more than you do."

"Yeah. Girl friends." She emphasised. Something in her had the sudden urge to ask about the party but something was also holding herself back from asking such a simply question.

Jeonghan watched as she ate her food silently, bored and tired. "Have you thought about the party? Are you going with me?"

The Song let out a sigh of relief. They were still able to talk about this conversation without her having to start it. "I don't get why I have to go. You have Yerin and your 'many' friends."

"Because I want you to go with me. You know, experience the fun."

"That's cheating." She stated firmly, eyes diverting between the food and her roommate next to her.

Prepare for mass update yeahhhhhhhh