chp. 20

ACCENTUATE

Saturday, the day of Park Hyunsuk's birthday party

Hwayoung resulted in going, not wanting to be a burden for her and her friends if she stayed home. It was around the afternoon, most of her friends already began preparing and dressing up while she was just getting off work.

Chan

Chan
R u going to the party tonight

Hwayoung
Yeah unfortunately 😣😣

Chan
Hahaha no need to be afraid
It'll be fun and u can get drunk

Hwayoung
I'm not a big fan of getting drunk
But i'm a good drinker

Chan
Okay challenge
First to vomit or give up loses!

Hwayoung
Fineeeee
I'm actually pretty confident

Chan
Should I be scared of losing??
Dw Jeonghan likes to drink too but he ends up
doing stupid things

Hwayoung
Do u drink often?

Chan
Atleast once a week 😅😅

Hwayoung
Hahaha rlly
Well i'll c u at the party byeeee

Chan
Bye byeee 👋

Once the Song arrived at her stop, she hopped out of the bus before walking back to her apartment.

It was nearly the evening and Hwayoung just completed changing, matching a long-sleeve beige top that revealed her left shoulder and a pair of loose black jeans along with a silver pendant necklace, that she always left on, in which her grandmother gifted her when she was younger. She also combed her black hair straight along, leaving it out over her collarbone.

She wanted to ask her roommate about the deal with her going as his date - but, after finding out that he has a girl friend, wouldn't he change his mind?

Hwayoung's urge to ask him the question was quickly interrupted when she heard Yerin's voice filling the unit. As she was still comfortably in her room, she peeked through the door that was left ajar.

The Lim was wearing a white strapless crop top that wrapped around her slim body with a white mini-skirt and her hair styled into a side part and waves. She was holding an elegant black purse that hooked around her bare arms. On the other hand, Jeonghan was dressed in a black over sized tee shirt with sleeves that reached his elbows and a pair of blue jeans.

Hwayoung's face scrunched into a disgusting expression after watching the couple kiss, hiding back into her bedroom.

After a few minutes of checking herself out repetitively, she waited for the couple to leave until she could head to her friend's house.

"Let's go!" Jihyun pointed into the sky, heading over to Seungkwan's car. "Sucks that Seungkwan can't drink because he has to drive."

"Exactly. You guys owe me a lot." The Boo tsked, preparing the gears once everyone buckled their seat belts.

"Hey Seungkwan, I heard you met Songhwa's roommate this week." Hansol reminded, sitting the middle between the two other females.

"Oh right! He came in late with a girl-"

"He has a girl friend?" Goeun interrupted, jaw dropped. "I mean why wouldn't he, he's way to fine." She drooled.

It took around 20 minutes for the group to arrive at the party location. It was at a a large contemporary floating house supported by multiple pillars and glass walls. There were already many people arriving and drinking, surrounding the rows of plastic tables and the small bar. The golden lights lit up the darkening sky, with sounds of upbeat tunes playing between the layering chatters. The smell of sweet and bitter alcohol filling Hwayoung's noses as she stepped onto the concrete path that lead to the mansion.

"Woah, he must be rich." The female Park exclaimed, gaping at such a large and modern house in the streets of Seoul.

The rest of the group undeniably agreed, amused at the appearance of the home. It was such an opportunity for Hwayoung to step foot into an expensive host like this. The Song's eyes raked over the crowd of other students, trying to find a particular male that she expected to have already arrived.

Once she turned back around to her friends, they were already eating and drinking.

After a few minutes of hanging at the party by herself while her friends went to dance in the center and interact with other kids, Hwayoung finally found her roommate from a few metres away, hanging out at the kitchen bar.

"Jeonghan, you handsome man." A male, who the Song identified as Hyunsuk, cupped his face, cooing at his beauty. "A shot for your hotness." He put up his glass with the Yoon did the same as well, clinking their drinks.

"Ay, Jeonghan!" Another male called out, walking over to the two with his beer glass. His polo shirt was undone and his hair was left messily. "I'm Shin Daniel."

The Yoon returned his hand shake, a drunk expression masking his face that Hwayoung recognised. "Hey, Daniel."

Soon, a group of friends, including Hyunsuk, gathered around Jeonghan, watching as he drank ruthlessly and putting whatever liquid near him into his mouth. They cheered him on, yelling encouraging words to hype him up.

"Jeonghan, don't drink too much. I know it's for the plan but too much will weaken your strength for later on." Mingyu warned through the miniature ear piece that hid in his ear canal.

Daniel, the one with a Westernised name but Korean facial features, left off to grab a girl. He kissed her harshly, wrapping his hand around her hair and sticking his tongue in all sorts of places inside her mouth. This scene was quite familiar - from that one time in the club.

Unexpectedly, he pushed the tipsy female to Jeonghan. Out of instinct, the Yoon caught her unsteady body, their figures pressed closely together.

"Jeonghan!" The Shin called out drunkly, stumbling in his words. "Kiss her, she's so good at it!"

The female in his arms turned around to face him, already prepared for the kiss. Her mascara was smudged along as her lip stick. Sighing, the male leaned down, heading harshly as their lips interlocked.

Hwayoung watched as this all happened, her lonesome self standing at the side of the walls while everyone travelled around and danced the night away.

"Holy shit, Jeonghan! You're so cool!" Hyunsuk complimented in a drowsy tone, his eyes flashing open and close as he took another shot of Soju by himself.

Hwayoungs first college party will it be a fail or success??