chp. 05

INVISIBLE

"Alright students, discuss with the person next to you about how to analyse question 8

"Alright students, discuss with the person next to you about how to analyse question 8." The professor announced, before students instantly began discussing with the people around them.

Hwayoung sat awkwardly next to the male beside her, she was too introverted to speak up. However, her thoughts were quickly interrupted.

"Uh, hey. I'm Chwe Hansol?" The male introduced himself in a questioning tone, as if he didn't even know who he was.

"Hi." The Song greeted stiffly, "I'm Song Hwayoung."

Hansol simply nodded, moment of silence filled the conversation between the two. "Uh, question 8?"

The Song lightly chuckled at his tone before they began to discuss the law-based question that their professor has set. Fortunately, their analysis went well without any outbursts of awkwardness - seemingly, they both knew a lot about this topic.

As Hwayoung's first class passed by like a flash. She packed up quickly, sliding in her notebooks into her bag and bidding a small goodbye to Hansol then heading up the double doors.

She strolled through the packed hallways of students rushing to their classes. Hwayoung's next class was until the next hour, so she had a lot of time to spare. While walking through the modernised corridor, she halted her steps as she noticed a large board that was pinned with campus news, events and club promotions.

Her dark brown orbs dragged over the countless posters but one caught her attention.

When the Song was younger, she was too focused on studying, barely having any time to play outside with her friends. However, in the outer part of Seoul, she took interest in soccer - enjoying playing with her feet around the field. It was only hobby she developed as a child, feeling like she could take a rest whenever she played soccer.

Soccer club? To her, that seemed like a fun club to join. Instead of studying and working all day, it would be nice a take a break once a week and have some fun. The best part was that - it was free of cost.

Pulling out her phone, the Song took a photo of the email that was printed onto the soccer poster, saving it to her album.

22:34

The gang had just finished planning an upcoming mission - this was a big revenge project that was expected to last nearly 6 months, half a year. In this mission, the drained male is going to play a significant role.

Jeonghan snuggled himself into bed, wrapping his slim body into the thick, bright blue blankets.

Before turning off the lights of his lamp, he turned over to the frame that was located on his bedside table. It was a framed photo of his family - without him.

He never received the full context on how or why his family disappeared, got murdered or died of natural causes. He grew up as a toddler, known as an 'orphan' when he was younger, he was bullied because of it. No matter what, the Yoon just wanted to meet his family in real life - he never had a biological loving family.

His eyes raked over each head, the smile plastered on their faces for the family photo.

Imagining as if he was in the photo as well, instead of wearing filthy clothes, maybe he could be wearing proper casual clothes for his younger self. Even if his gang members loved him just as dearly, he believed that his invisible family could've have made him feel much more different emotions.

Getting over it hastily, he turned off the switch to his lamp, allowing the darkness to loom over his lone body.

Jeonghan rested his eyelids, darkness overcoming darkness.

Nonetheless, he couldn't sleep. He was still much aware of his surroundings and his brain was wide awake.

He opened his eyes, introduced to the same darkness as before. It was the same night as always - never being able to sleep after over two hours. The Yoon didn't even have to think of anything, he just couldn't sleep.

The blackout loomed over his figure, comforted by the warmth of his blanket. His messy bed hair rested over his forehead, as if they were sleeping instead of him. Jeonghan inhaled and exhaled, thoughts empty.

 Jeonghan inhaled and exhaled, thoughts empty

Insomnia