chp. 21

DIRTY

The Song observed as her roommate roughly kissed another girl

The Song observed as her roommate roughly kissed another girl. What about his girl friend?

His hands travelled to her bare waist as hers wrapped around his neck. Something churned in Hwayoung's stomach - was it the way she hasn't ate this whole night, or because she was watching someone cheat on their partner, or was it the fact that she felt an indescribable feeling?

She found Yerin dancing in the crowd, her hands up as she held her drink and cheered along with the people surrounding her. She was right beside the kitchen counter, but she still wasn't aware of her boy friend cheating on her right that second.

She hid her fingers beneath the long-sleeve top she wore, orbs drifting around the room nervously. She lost her friends.

They were probably somewhere amongst the crowd but now she was just standing in the middle of nowhere like a loner. As Hyunsuk and his friends left for a while, she could see the packets of supposedly drugs that were sprinkled over the wooden floor and the cigarettes that sunk in the drinks around Jeonghan.

As he kissed, Jeonghan saw his roommate approach from the corner of his eyes. He firmly dropped his hands on the girl's waist, pulling away from their intercourse. He lightly nudged the girl away before walking closer to Hwayoung.

She felt her heart beat, his towering figure over hers and his bitter breath fanning against her forehead. "What's wrong?" He asked noticing her concerned expression, stuffing his hands into his pocket.

"You should stop drinking and doing these wild things. What about Yerin?" Her eyebrows furrowed, directly looking up to his face.

"What about her? This is a party, I can do whatever I want." His drunk eyes narrowed, his tone gradually changing as he spoke.

"Jeonghan-" She felt a cold pair of arms wrap around her waist, making her eyes widened as she tried to squeeze out before a whistle left his mouth.

"Hey, pretty girl. Are you Jeonghans'?" The voice of Hyunsuk loomed around her scared figure that was extremely uncomfortable with his touch. His hands were too tight around her waist, making it difficult for Hwayoung to move away.

Jeonghan noticed her awkward position, glaring at Hyunsuk. "Jeonghan. Don't create a scene. It'll ruin the plan." Mingyu demanded.

Hwayoung had enough of this, disgusted and annoyed. She pulled Hyunsuk's arms off and pushed herself off of his unstable body. Before Jeonghan could even do anything, she already protected her self.

The Yoon gripped her wrist, pulling her closer to him.

"Courageous. I see?" His lazy eyes pointing lasers to Hwayoung. "Do you like your men like that?" He leaned in to her ear and whispered.

Naturally, Jeonghan pulled her away from the male, hiding her shorter figure behind his. "I'll head off now, Hyunsuk." His farewell voice dripping with poison, even scaring Hwayoung.

The Yoon quickly stepped away, still holding Hwayoungs' hands as they pushed through the partying crowd. From the side, another voice called out their names.

"Hwayoung! Jeonghan!" Chan yelled over the blasting music. The Song whipped her head, wondering if it was one of her friends but her roommate walked too fast for her to identify anyone.

They exited through the glass doors, introduced to a sudden peaceful atmosphere in the darkness. "I can protect myself. I'll be fine." Hwayoung put her hands over his that held onto her wrist, pulling away the grip.

"No, you can't. Plus, you don't even want to be here." Jeonghan slid out his phone from his pocket, calling a contact number, now interlocking his hands with hers after she pulled away.

The Song's orbs drifted over the scene, the way his expression was clear that he was furious, the way his black hair fell over his eyes and the way his slim hands wrapped around hers. No. She shouldn't be seeing him this way. He has a girl friend. But if he has a girl friend, why was he so protective of her anyway?

In exactly two minutes, a black car pulled up on the street in front of the house. Jeonghan led her to the car, opening the door for her before he entered himself.

Silence fell over the two. "Are we going back home?" Hwayoung questioned, her hands now in her lap. The Yoon only nodded silently in response.

She fiddled with her fingers, biting in the inner flesh of her lip anxiously. Jeonghan noticed this, eyeing her habits. In order to comfort her, he grabbed her hands that sat on her lap, connecting their fingers as he allowed them to stay in the centre of the seats, between the two. Hwayoung looked up, but he avoided her stares.

The rest of the car ride stayed silent until they reached their apartment.

"Thank you." She quietly thanked the driver. Abnormally, he was wearing black sunglasses that covered majority of his face and he had short blonde hair.

"You head in. I'll be back later at night." The Yoon ordered.

When Hwayoung arrived at the level of their unit, she glanced at the window with dust built up at the corner of the panel. She could see how her roommate whispered to the driver and then entered the black car again in the front passenger seat, driving off.

Where is he off to?

Nonetheless, she trailed back to her unit, relieved to be home. She ran to her room and threw herself onto the bed, the tired face flopping onto the sheets of her bed until she fell asleep after using up all her energy.

 She ran to her room and threw herself onto the bed, the tired face flopping onto the sheets of her bed until she fell asleep after using up all her energy

I LOVED WRITING THIS CHAPTER AHHHHH