chp. 56

SAFE WITH US

The crying seemed to have calmed down

The crying seemed to have calmed down. Hwayoung and her mother were invited into the base for the first time, a change in environment for the two that grew up financially unstable.

Hwayoung's mother sat beside her husband, watching as Junhui performed many acts in order to retrieve a stable breathing for him. Fortunately, it was beginning to grow stable and there was a high chance that he would stay alive. 

Hwayoung and Jeonghan sat outside the medical room of their base, the Yoon held the others hands as he rubbed her fingers smoothly.

The Song explained what was going on with her family, from their financial status to the loan sharks. She was used to have random men barge in when she was younger, but it had never been to the extent where they had to fully harm any of them. 

Jeonghan looked at his partner fondly, before pulling her into another hug, one hand at the back of her head and the other around her waist. He leaned down, kissing her tears away. 

"Come on, why don't you shower first? I'll give you some of my clothes. I'll give your mother something to eat." 

"I don't want to her leave her alone, yet." She responded, her head hung low until she turned around to the door of the medical room.

"Don't worry. She won't be alone. I'll make sure the members as sweet to her as I am to you." he reassured, tucking a strand of her behind her ears before encouraging her lightly to wash up. "On the floor above, third room to the left, choose any clothes and use the bathroom right across it." 

The next day rose upon the stressing gang. Hwayoung's father was still not conscious. 

Mingyu prepared a filling breakfast for her mother, leading her to the large kitchen and guiding her to a seat with all the food. 

"You didn't have to do all this. I don't have much of an appetite, right now." Her mother spoke in an elderly tone.

"It's okay, Aunty. I make delicious food, you'll love it." The Kim smiled, placing a set of napkins next to her as he watched her take her first bite of his meal.

He was relieved when he found her nodding her head approvingly, continuing to eat. 

Meanwhile, Hwayoung sat in the medical room beside her father, her eyes raking over his bdoy that spread across the hospital bed. Her long sigh was interrupted when two familiar males entered the place, a key card in hand. 

"Morning." Jeonghan greeted with Joshua smiling at her from behind. The Hong headed over to the counter before pulling out a medical syringe that needed to be injected into the tube, then into her father. 

The Song only smiled at the two, her eyes heading straight back to the patient as she sighed. 

"He's getting much better." The Hong smiled, writing down the statistics of his health currently on a medical board.

"Thank you. I honestly can't thank you and your gang enough. I'll make sure to do all your favours back." Hwayoung inhaled, looking up at her boy friend who took a seat next to her and her father. 

"By the way, did I tell you our gang name before?" Jeonghan inquired, receiving a curious head shake from the other. "It's 17."

"17." The Song mumbled softly, "That's cool." She smiled. Jeonghan enjoyed seeing her smile no matter what the situation was. She watched as Joshua bowed before leaving the medical room to the kitchen. 

"Hey, young."

"Hm?"

"What does your mom think about this?" 

"I told her last night- if that's okay. At first, she felt a bit confused but she knew how much I loved you, so she accepted it." Hwayoung informed. "Hopefully, my father will feel the same. My parents are really lenient."

"That's good to hear. Don't worry, your father will love me just as much." He winked, making the female hit him playfully.

"I mean he should. You literally saved his life. Right?" Hwayoung let out, looking back to the 'sleeping' man on the hospital bed.

"Stop worrying Young. If you can trust us, that means you can trust us too." Jeonghan took her hands into his own, squeezing them slightly as a sense of belonging. 

Soon, another woman walked into the elder room, guided by Wonwoo who used his keycard to allow her inside. Hwayoung looked up her mother, greeting her with a 'good morning'.

"Morning, mother." The Yoon stood up from his seat, bowing. "I'm sorry that we had to meet this way."

He called my mom, mother. Hwayoung internally grinned. 

"Morning, son-in-law." Her mother joked back, she was grateful that she was still able to make jokes in this tense atmosphere. "Thank you. Thank you so much for helping my husband and I. My daughter really loves you, I don't care if you're in a gang."

"No worries. We'll make sure that he will wake up soon. I promise."