chp. 19

JINGUK SOCCER CLUB 2023

"Songhwa, are you going to the party this Saturday?"

"Please! You have to." Jihyun interrupted Goeun while reorganising the products on the shelf.

The mentioned female tilted her head in thought, "Maybe. I don't really want to go though." She opinionated, receiving instant glares from her friends.

"Come on, you have to go. It'll be your first college party here! They're so fun." The Jeong persuaded, motioning her lips in a pouting expression as she lazily leaned onto the counter in front of her.

"Kwan and Hansol are going too, we can all meet up and get ready." Jihyun added, also pouting her lips in hopes that it convinces their friend.

"Who even is the host, though? Also, don't do that- it cringes me out." Hwayoung laughed, putting a few snacks and instant foods into her basket - she was going to take them back home to eat for lunch.

"This Park Hyunsuk guy. Him and his friends are pretty popular." The Park informed, dusting her hands off.

"I'll think about it-"

"You have to go!" The two females repeated in sync, making the victim chuckle with a small 'fine' passing her lips. The Song then bid her goodbyes to her coworkers, heading out the automatic sliding door with a blue plastic bag in hand.

A sudden notification rang in her tote bag, she pulled her phone out and received a message from Seungkwan. Oh shit, I have to attend the soccer club today. She just remembered, halting in her steps after realising that she already signed up for the university club.

Hwayoung had to change her route, now heading towards the campus with her lunch. Fortunately, she was already in some comfortable sporting clothes consisting of a black oversized t-shirt and some beige sweatpants.

Once she reached the designated location, she found her friend waving at her. He was surrounded by a few other students, mixed with females and males.

"Did you forget?" The Boo joked, already dressed in navy shorts, a shirt and a white sweat band. Hwayoung nodded in response, receiving a chuckle from both their mouths.

The club was currently held in the sports hall where they will then go out to the collective field once everyone was changed and attending.

The Song watched as Seungkwan counted the members, "We're missing two people. Let me call the role." He grabbed his phone from his back pack. "Jeonghan? Yer-"

"Here." A low voice presented from the door of the hall. Most of the members turned around, their eyes focused on the two people that just entered.

Jeonghan? Yerin? What the fuck are they doing here?

Seungkwan smiled at the two before leading the club outside to the soccer field. It was around 3 o'clock in the afternoon and the sun was still shining warmly. Hwayoung felt a bit left out regarding her outfit, most people were wearing shorts or leggings rather than sweat pants.

They all lined up into a straight line, facing the singular male that gathered them up.

"Are you surprised to see me?" Jeonghan whispered into the shorter girl's ears. z

She glared at him in response, "Yes. Why did you spend your time playing sports than make out with girls?"

"Is it wrong to like a sport or join a club? I think I'm better at soccer than you." He provoked, his soft breath tingling the female on the neck.

"You wish. Go talk to your girl friend."

After their ephemeral conversation ended, Seungkwan, the captain, ordered the to stretch before they organise the teams for the warm-up game. The members spreaded out, following the stretching actions that their captain guided them in. Once they were all set and ready, they decided to play a quick game of relays.

"I'm sure everyone knows how to dribble the ball and play soccer in general. Is there anyone that doesn't know?" Seungkwan questioned, raising his hand as a model. In luck of saving time, everyone was confident with their soccer skills.

The other twelve people split into teams of three, with Seungkwan being the captain that could join any team.

Hwayoung knew who Jeonghan and Yerin was, but she didn't want to be in their team. All she wanted was to be in the same team as Seungkwan.

"You can join us." Yerin insisted, motioning her hands to her and her boy friend. The Song nodded with a small 'thank you', knowing that this was the last resort anyways.

Jeonghan, who stood at the front of the shortened line, smirked to himself.

The first obstacle of the relay was to dribble the ball around the cones on the grass, the second one was to dribble the ball in the air and the third one was to score the ball into the miniature goals.

"First team to finish it gets to choose their teammates! Remember that each player must do each obstacle once!" The Boo announced, instantly turning on everyone's competitive side. Once he whistled, everyone began quickly moving skillfully.

Yerin dribbled the ball around the cones hastily, surprising Hwayoung with her talents. She then lightly kicked the ball to her in which she dribbled the ball in the air before kicking it to Jeonghan. The Yoon smoothly hit it into the goal, immediately running to the back of the relay line. They each did the relay three times before squatting down onto the grass.

Outstandingly, their team finished first with the other three following closely. Hwayoung watched as Yerin and Jeonghan high-fived each other, cheering while she sat their quietly.

The club then moved onto the actual game, splitting into groups of six with the extra member being the coach. Hwayoung was grateful to have Seungkwan in her team.

Sporty Jeonghan>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>