chp. 41

THANK YOU

Three days passed after the incident at the so-called 'club'

Hwayoung felt the missing presence of her roommate but at least, she felt herself growing more productive and encouraged to complete and study for her assignments - with the help of her friends, of course.

Today, she woke up early in the morning to study for the upcoming exam this week, before heading off to her part-time job. She tied her hair back into a low bun, stuffing her body into the over-sized hoodie as she read components of the textbook.

Fiddling with the pen in hand, she was in deep concentration of her work, thinking carefully to make sure she is always working at the best of her abilities. Her eyes bored into the words of the textbook but her engagement was quickly interrupted by the vibration of her phone.

She drifted her eyes over to her phone, an unknown number. It was probably a scam call, so she ignored it.

Wait... What if it's Jeonghan? Or his gang member?

Desiring, she picked up her mobile and accepted the call, hearing an somewhat familiar voice from the other line.

"Hello? Is this Song Hwayoung?"

"Uh, yes. Who is this?"

"Oh, hello sweetie." Now, she instantly recognised her voice, it was the woman who begged her for help in a park pathway after work. The day where she found Jeonghan injured.

"Oh, hello aunty."

"I would like to thank you so much for saving my daughter. I don't know what I can do to thank you enough. She got checked in the hospital. It was all thanks to you. You did something I couldn't do even for my own daughter."

"No worries Aunty. It wasn't me who saved you daughter, it was-"

An elderly chuckle fell from her lips, "Sweetie, I got your number from the people that brought my daughter to the hospital. Even if you didn't save her directly, I believe that you are the reason why she is happy and healthy now."

"You got my number from the people that brought her to the hospital?"

"Yes. Very handsome men."

"I'm sorry but... Can I have their numbers?"

"Of course. I'm surprised you don't already have them, they knew your name and everything. I'll send them to you." Hwayoung paused in thought, how did those men know everything about her? Did Jeonghan or Joshua tell them?

"Thank you. I hope you and your daughter are living well."

"I need to thank you the most. It would be a pleasure for you and my daughter to meet."

"Aunty, what is your daughter's name?"

"Bang Chaeyoung. A beautiful name from her father, isn't it?"

"It is indeed a beautiful name." Then, she realised that she didn't even know the name of woman who was thanking her right that moment.

"I agree. Sorry for disturbing you. I wish you and your family a long, happy and wealthy life. Thank you."

"No worries. Thank you for calling."

They both hung up the call, the Song was left in thought as she rested her arms over the pages with the phone in her hand. Everything that she said or heard reminded her of Jeonghan. Just as she felt as if she was moving on, she got a call with an indirect mention of his name.

She inhaled, attempting to refocus onto her studies. However, only one male and his problem filled her mind. She missed him. She missed a man who lied to her. She instantly scolded herself when she found out what she was feeling, she didn't want to lose to him anymore.

The Song put the phone down, but just as she picked up her pen, she received a text message. Reading the contact name, she immediately dropped her pen onto the desk and snatched her mobile.

Han

Han
[Han sent Young 450,000₩]

Young
Han
Han
What's that?
That's so much what the fuck
Han
Han
Han
Han
Han
Hannnnnnn
Hello
R u okay
Han???
Please
Please talk to me
Helllllooooo
Han?
Han

Han
Han this han that

Young
Han
HELLO
R U OKAY

Han
Stop screaming in chat
This isn't Jeonghan

Young
Wtf

Han
It's his member

Young
Oh
How's jeonghan?
Is he okay?

Han
My name is Wonwoo thanks
Jeonghan is currently okay right now
He is growing stable and much better than when you saw him
The money was the amount that the mother of the daughter you saved wanted to give as a sign of grattitude

Young

No that's too muchCan u send it back

Han
No

Young
Gosh u gang members are dry
Jokes
Is he alive?

Han
I just said he is growing stable
I get it you're a law student

Young
How'd you know that?

Han
Anyways
On behalf of the team and Jeonghan, I would like to thank you for saving his life. We would not have been able to save him and the daughter if it wasn't for you. You played a big part as a hero in this 'gang' mission. As a sign of gratitude as per ordered by the leader, we may fulfil a wish for you. This includes something as protection or if you need money, maybe even revenge. However, we ask that you do not leak this information to anyone. You were coincidentally living in the room Jeonghan wanted, so, this lasting mission was not forced onto you. Please remember that Jeonghan's personality was completely scripted for the sake of this mission, do not hate him or do not love him.
Kind regards, Jeon Wonwoo.

Young
Can i speak to Han?

Han
I apologise but we do not allow current contact with our member, Jeonghan right now.
We appreciate your concern but please do not worry about him anymore.
Thank you.

Young
No like
I need to talk to him
Hello
Idc if hes in the hospital or whatever gang
My wish is to talk to him
Hellooooooo
Ugh
Han?

YoungNo likeI need to talk to himHelloIdc if hes in the hospital or whatever gangMy wish is to talk to himHelloooooooUghHan?

The unserious to serious texts from wonwoo im gonna burst out laughing at my own stuff bro