chp. 40

'FRIEND'

It had now been a day since she arrived back at her apartment after being dropped off from the so-called 'gang' members

Through the night, she was extremely worried about Jeonghan and the girl that she promised to save. Fortunately, the gang was able to save the girl but what about Jeonghan?

Is he even alive at this point? Hwayoung was unable to focus on her studies, her mind was filled with the thoughts of her roommate. Even if she was overly concerned, she felt a spike poke through her heart when she found out that everything was for a mission. 

"I'm just another one of your hoes, aren't I?

Seemingly, Jeonghan didn't need to think about it. He knew that he wasn't supposed to actually fall in love during this mission because it was forbidden to date in the gang, but his heart couldn't help it. His hands trailing back to her waist, he pulled her closer.

"You aren't. To me, you're something more," He grabbed her by the waist, seductively guiding her to his bed with his hands. "A lot more."

She thought back to that moment. So, her being something more was just for a side mission, to seduce her.  She couldn't believe she actually fell in his trap, she should've trusted her doubt during that scene. 

Hwayoung ran her hand through her hair as she wondered, she felt confused. She was confused whether or not she should be worried or angry.

Worried for Jeonghan, who she witnessed be heavily injured by some men. The Song scrunched her nose when she thought back to how he was surrounded by blood and groaning in pain. Or, should she be angry because Jeonghan liking her was all a lie? At this point, she didn't know what was more surprising; the fact that he is in a gang or the fact that he lied to her about his feelings.

Hwayoung sighed, unable to do anything anymore. Time creeped like a beast, all she did was lay in bed and stare at the wall until she fell asleep. She didn't even have the energy to eat or study. 

She had to study. She needed to study. She had to pass this exam. But, no motivation ran across her educative body.

I would rather get slapped by Yerin 100 times than go through this feeling. She internally sulked, hating her current emotions. All she needed was a hug from her parents, a hug from Jeonghan. Actually, she didn't need a hug from someone who lied about liking her for a mission, fake love.

CHANANANA

CHANANANA
Whatchu doingggg
R u studying?

Songhwa
No
I'm gonna cry my ass out

CHANANANA
Whyyyy
You're not someone who would find studying hard

Songhwa
Chan u actually don't understand
I can't even study
I'm so pissed or confused or worried bro idk

CHANANANA
What's wrong?

Songhwa
I don't even know

CHANANANA
Want me to come over?
We can talk about it

Songhwa
Yeah sure
But i don't even know if I have the energy to talk about it

CHANANANA
Don't worry
I'll listen to matter how long it takes
I'll get some snacks on the way
See ya

Songhwa
Thanks
Bye

Half an hour passed by and Chan finally reached his friend's apartment. He knocked on the door, making Hwayoung get out of bed and open it for me.

"Hey." He smiled. "What's wrong?" Asking as he headed over to the living room, placing the plastic bags of snacks onto the coffee table.

Hwayoung took a seat on the couch, her body slightly sinking in, "I have a lot to say so prepare." She was conflicted on whether or not she should tell him about the gang, but either way, she didn't want to betray them, knowing the consequences for her and even Jeonghan. 

"Hm? I'm listening." The male Lee comforted, the sound of a packet of popcorn opening filling the atmosphere. 

"So, it's about Jeonghan." Weirdly enough, Chan laughed aloud. "There was this one night where Han came home with like a bleeding hand and shit so I helped him. But, suddenly, he started saying shit like 'I like you' and all that stuff, and you know your friend, he's a playboy. I wasn't gonna let myself fall into his traps but he started kissing me-"

"Did you kiss him back?" The Lee questioned, interrupting the female before taking a piece of pop corn.

"Yes, but that doesn't matter." She lifted her legs, crossing them. "Anyways, I woke up in his bed the next morning and when I came back from school, Hansol came over to have a study session but I was too in my essay to answer him so Han opened the door but kicked him out. I got a message from Hansol saying that my roommate kicked him out so I went out to open the door for him, asking Han why he did that. And then, he suddenly started saying whatever boy friend shit. So, I was kind of like excited, yeah, cause it made me happy. Then, the next day, I find out that him liking me and shit was all a lie." She explained. 

Chan listened carefully as she spoke, paying attention to her words. "Why did he lie?"

"I have no idea. It's so annoying." She threw her hands in the air and sunk back into the couch, sulking. 

"He might of had a reason. Like a plan." The Lee predicted, feeling a sense of jealousy wash over him as he thought more about it.

Like a plan. "Hm. I have no idea. But, it makes me so angry to know that I lost my first kiss to him. I fell for his stupid playboy shit or whatever." Hwayoung crossed her arms angrily, like a baby who didn't get her candy.

"Well, do you like him back?"

"Of course, I do. I wanted to deny it because he's nothing like my type. But, I don't know. I just- couldn't help it." She responded and then turning over to the male that listened contentedly to her rant. 

"Well, I'm pretty sure you can get over him quick. Since, you already tried to deny it before." He comforted, nodding his head as he stares into the wooden floors.

"Really? I feel like I just fell harder, it'll be difficult to move on." She scrunched her nose, Chan watched as she talked about another male, attempting to hold a stable expression. 

Dino 😭😭😭

Dino 😭😭😭