chp. 45

KICKED OUT

"A silent war we never wanted." SOS, SEVENTEEN

" SOS, SEVENTEEN

"Hello?"

"Jeonghan, come back to the base. I'll talk to you later."

Seungcheol hung up first, leaving the mentioned male dumbfounded as he stood in the hotel lobby with his phone in his hand. Were they allowing him back into the gang?

Jeonghan quickly pushed away the possibility, already preparing his life for death. There was a low chance that they were going to allow him back into the gang - based on the tone of his leader, there was probably an unfavorable result. 

He went over to the hotel parking lot, where he turned on his car and began driving off back to the base. 

A hand on the wheel while the other rested on the side door, he sighed a loud. The sound of wind mixing with the radio swished across his ears, contradicting with the thoughts that floated in his mind. 

He was dressed in a simple tee shirt and a pair of trousers, maybe these were the clothes that he was going to be executed in? 

After several minutes, he arrived at the familiar base. He decided to park near the streets of the large home, in case that the members didn't want him back. He entered the base through the front door, using his key card, face ID and code that still seemed to operate on his identity.

The whole base was empty and quiet, no member could be found roaming around. Jeonghan made his way to the meeting room, halting his steps before going in. He took a deep breath, feeling his heart pick up the fast pace of nervousness. Finally, he felt the impact.

Gulping as the Yoon stepped into the meeting room, greeted by numerous pairs of eyes directed at him. Instead of glares and tense eyes, they were all staring at him with a smile on their faces.

He couldn't tell whether or not they're happy because he could return to the gang or happy because he would leave.

Standing on the opposite side of the rest of the members, this gave him deja vu. To the day where his leader yelled at him as he stayed silent. 

Silence filled the uncomfortable atmosphere, until their leader spoke out.

"Welcome back, our ace." He beamed, making a sigh of relief leave the lips of the Yoon. The rest of the members began cheering, running to Jeonghan and holding him into a tight, group hug.

Jeonghan scrunched his face at the sudden embrace, feeling the warmth of his members as he attempted to hug them back but he couldn't raise his arms due to the closeness. Soon, the hug broke up before they returned to their seats.

The male stayed standing. "I'm sorry for being a bit too harsh on you, then, Jeonghan. But, I would like to announce your return as a 17 member." He smiled and a smile etched on the Yoon's face as well. "The team and I have spoke about whether or not to keep you. But, reasons for keeping you outnumbered the latter. No one in the gang experienced true romantic love, except for you. Now, we are able to understand that love is uncontrollable - it is something we should accept." 

Seungcheol paused for a few seconds, holding direct eye contact with the standing male.

"From previous incidents in the gang, people got punished for loving or genuinely dating. But, as the leader of 17, I declare that, the rule of dating and loving will be diminished." The members began clapping, amazed at their leader's speech. 

The members began running again to Jeonghan, bright smiles on their faces to the male they all missed the most.

"I'm sorry." Joshua whispered into his ears, but nonetheless, Jeonghan pulled him into a lasting embrace, tapping him comfortingly on the back. 

"We missed you, our ace." Junhui giggled, watching as the crowd of males jokingly played with him like little children on a play ground. 

"About your roommate," Seungcheol brought up, withholding the cheers they each expressed. "You can go back to her. Bring her to us and introduce your first love." He winked.

Jeonghan then remembered his roommate once again, smiling at the thought of her. 

The team then went out for a group dinner, something they hadn't fulfilled in a while. Stacks of drinks and delicious Korean dishes filled the long, wooden table that barely fit all of them. Only laughter and joyous chatter could be heard. 

Lots of the members offered their ace pieces of food, stuffing his stomach with food that he lacked during the missing period of time. 

As the rest of his members continued eating and conversing, he observed them, his orbs raking over their figures. A sigh left his slightly parted lips, running a hand through his black hair as he thought about how to get Hwayoung back.

However, one thought pulled him away from thinking more.

What if Chan already took her?

YAY