chp. 10

PASSENGER

After settling in their newly decorated shared apartment, Hwayoung had to leave for another part-time job

"Where are you going?" The Yoon questioned boldly in a curious tone, sitting on the fresh, gray couch that highlighted the open living room.

"Work." She answered, slipping on her shoes and tying the laces.

"Transport?"

"I'm taking bus. I'll be back around 9pm."

"I'll take you. I have a car." He stood up from the seated position, he was dressed in a simply black tshirt and gray sweatpants.

"No, it's fine. I don't want to bother you anyway." The Song repeated, smiling at him as she was about to leave.

She walked out the unit door and made it through the corridors, as she waited for the elevator, it was like gut-feeling that someone was behind her. Turning around skeptically, she found a familiar figure standing right behind her with his hands in his pocket and his black hair resting over his eyes.

"Holy shit. I thought you were someone creepy." Hwayoung breathed out, her hand on her chest as she made the male chuckle.

"I'll drive you anyway. I'm bored." His smile catching the eye of the female as his tongue stuck out slightly habitually.

When the two reached the underground car park of the apartment, Jeonghan guided Hwayoung to his car until they reached an extremely grand appearing sports car. It was painted with a metallic-white tone with features of solid black on parts of the vehicle.

The Song internally gasped - she had never entered such an expensive car, in fact. She only rode a car around 3 times in her life. Her family was never able to afford a car, so riding in such a lavish one, was a rare opportunity that she didn't put much thought in.

Hwayoung wondered where her roommate got all the money from.

The whole car ride to the destination that Hwayoung entered onto the digital device of the car was quiet. A comfortable silence fell over their bodies, the male focusing on the road while the other stared out the glass panel, enjoying the views of the new part of the city.

"What do you do for a living?" The Song asked out of the blue.

It was as if Jeonghan needed some time to think, but calmly, he responded, "I work part-time at my friend's family's company."

"Oh, that's nice." She smiled to herself, imagining her future self working in a large company with many relations to higher-ups as she works on her case documents. Sitting in an office of her own, working late at night with the city lights lighting up through the windows.

"What do you study?" The Yoon questioned, a hand on the steering wheel while the other rested on the door.

"Law and finance. You?"

"Criminology and statistics." It was as if they were having some roommate bonding time - asking each other questions back and forth, actually engaging in conversations that were rare between the two who just met.

They arrived at the restaurant Hwayoung worked at. It was a small, street Korean barbecue restaurant in the corner of the neighbourhood.

Sliding out the car, the Song bid her thanks and goodbye to the male, heading inside for her first shift at the restaurant.

Unnoticeably, Jeonghan also entered the restaurant.

Hwayoung was swiftly introduced to all the basics of this job, she was in charge of being the waiter - asking people for their orders and leading them to their seats. It was something that she was skilled at previously in her old home.

The Yoon observed as she tied up her long, black hair into a low bun that drooped at the back of her neck. Then, tying on the navy blue apron around her figure.

Jeonghan took a seat himself at a two-seater table with only himself.

"When did you get inside?" Hwayoung joked, finally realising that the lonely male had entered the place, handing out the crinkled menu onto the wooden table.

After several minutes of working her first shift at the restaurant, the Song couldn't help but find herself looking for her roommate. Always glancing over at him while she worked with other customers. I feel bad. He's lonely-

Another female had seemed to taken a seat across of him, Hwayoung assumed that it was some random creepy girl but she turned to recognise that he was smiling at her.

It's probably his girlfriend. She guessed, wiping the table of the previous group of customers that left. Abnormally, she still kept on drifting her eyes over to their direction, curious of what they were talking about or what their relationship was like.

She observed as they laughed while the chatted, offering each other the food. It made Hwayoung somewhat interested.

"Why'd you wait for me. It has been 5 hours." The female inquired, hopping into the car that brightened the dark nights across the street.

"I had nothing to do. Plus, I got to eat some food." Jeonghan responded, preparing the gears to start driving.

Hwayoung wanted to ask who the female that he sat with was. But if it was his girl friend, he'd probably introduce her to her later on, right? It could've been awkward or uncomfortable to ask him anyway, unreasonably, Hwayoung couldn't get it off her mind the whole car ride home.

When they arrived back at their shared apartment, it was dim and only the inner lights of the place supported their trip to their unit from the car park.

"Thanks for the ride." The Song appreciated, heading back to her own room to change.

The Yoon nodded as a 'your welcome' motion, returning to the bathroom to wash up.

Who is that girl 🤔🤔

Who is that girl 🤔🤔