chp. 23

LOCK AND KEY

"I just wanna feel it with you." YOU FEEL LIKE, HOJEAN

Hwayoung woke up in bed, greeted by various notifications from her phone

She slowly lifted her eyelids and stretched while covered by the sheets, she picked up her mobile and read through the many messages from her friends wishing her a Happy Birthday. A slight smile etched onto her lips - today was the day where she was going to return back home for a day and spend her special day with her parents.

It was around 10 o'clock and the Song didn't have any classes, fortunately. She quickly got ready by washing up and slipping on a casual outfit. Her fit consisted of black trousers and a beige square neck short-sleeve top that puffed at her shoulders. The usual, silver, pendant necklace of a lock complemented her skin and her outfit perfectly.

She tied her black hair into a low ponytail, allowing a few hair strands to fall loose and frame her face. The Song ate a small breakfast bar as she packed her tote bag.

When she unhooked her keys from the hanger, she found a small linen jewellery bag along with an enveloped tag. It labelled her name on it - assuming it was hers, she picked it up and opened the miniature envelope.

Happy birthday, Young.
Sorry I couldn't spend your birthday with you
Nonetheless, I hope you have a lovely day
Be ready for the next present coming
From, your roommate.

P.S Don't miss me too much

The mentioned female didn't even realise the smile that raised on her tinted lips. She closed the tag and then loosened the laces on the jewellery bag.

She stuck her hand into the bag, revealing a beautiful necklace. It was mid-length chain of silver, exposing the shiny, metallic pendant charm in the centre. It was a charm of a key. The classic appearance of the necklace impressed Hwayoung. As she decided to wear it, she recognised that it matched exactly with the necklace that her grandmother gifted her. Her fingers drifted over her collarbone, pleased with the adornment of her present.

"I didn't know that he was this good at giving gifts." She mumbled, eyes still on her reflection of the mirror.

1004 roomieeee

Hwayoung
Thank you for the gifttt
But it looks expensive
R u sure I can keep this?

1004 roomieeee
Of course birthday girl
Make sure u wear it

Hwayoung
Thank uuuu
It's such a coincidence that it matches with my other necklace as well
Also how'd yk my birthday was today?

1004 roomieeee
I know
The one of the lock
I have my ways

Hwayoung
Yep
How'd u know?