Chapter 4

My POV (Guinevere)

I woke up to my parents screaming more and more. I try to get but my body hurts so I can't move. I tried to move but I couldn't I saw my father and mother hitting each other. My father looks at me with a smirk. My father disappears and walks to me with a knife in his hand. I start to scream my lungs out and the only thing I can do is scream. There is a knock at the door and my father walks away with my mother.

I stand up and I slip in the bed. I hide there then I hear screaming and I hear a lot of people say clearly.

A few minutes go by and the shouting starts again. It gets louder and it sounds like anger. But there is also a concerned voice that grabs my attention. The voice is deep yet it can make me fall asleep.

"Where is she?"I hear the deep voice.

"I killed her."My father said

Turn the house upside down now. People want them to go so long to the station. The other police offer to take Stefan and Karen to the station. Enzo and I also start looking around. I looked around the room which looked like it was a nursery. A person sees nothing but an old and dirty mattress on the dusty floor. The floor has mold and I smell urine that smells years old.

I am sitting in my bed and I am very quiet. 

"Do you think she ran away?"Other man asked

"No, I don't think so. I know she is here because I haven't seen her leave. We just have to hope that they have not murdered her."The deep voice said

"Nevan look."The other man said

I stay quiet and I keep sucking on my fingers. I see fingers and a man that has brown hair and brown eyes.

Hey, kiddo I am going to get you out of here

Hey, kiddo I am going to get you out of here."The man said with a deep voice.

The man rips open the material and there is a bigger hole.

"Hey, kiddo. I am not going to hurt you. My name is Nevan. Can you maybe tell me your name?"Nevan asked me and I looked at him scared of what he could do to me.

"Guinevere," I said

"That is a beautiful name for a beautiful lady like you," Nevan said and smiled a bit.

"Kiddo is it okay if you come out of there?"Nevan asked me and I shook my head. I started crying and before I knew it I did pee.

"Guinevere looked at me. I am not going to hurt you. We have to make sure you have no owies. I promise I will not hurt you."Nevan said and I shook my head again.

"No no no no. I will be good."I said and I started crying.

"Guinevere, can you tell me what you want?"Nevan asked

"I want to be safe," I said

"Okay okay, I promise that you will be safe in my arms. I will make sure that those people won't hurt you at all. I will keep you safe."Nevan said