chapter 15

Talia's pov

The night shift was hell. I work with kids who get abused and there was this little girl who wasn't looked after. She had broken ribs, she had bruises on her face yet all over her body. She was so scared of men so I needed to help her. She didn't even know what food and water was.

I walked into the room where the little girl was. She was just lying there on the bed.

"Hey, kiddo. How are you feeling?"I asked

"I'm just in pain mistress."The little girl said

"Well, let's give you some medication for that pain then, "I said and the little girl just smiled at me. I grabbed the pain medication that I injected into her and she started to calm down.

"Kiddo. There are going to be other doctors here throughout the weekend. If I get called in I will come check up on you. You know that there is a phone here and here is my number."I said

I showed her how to use the phone and the little girl seemed tired. I make sure she is comfortable. I said goodbye and now I am walking to my locker. I grabbed my bags and walked out of the hospital.

When I was in my car I did take a deep breath. I started the car and started playing my music which made me forget about everything. I decided to stop at Starbucks where I got myself an extra large Latia and I got myself something small to eat. I got my things so I started driving home. I can't wait to be home and hug my baby girl. I missed her so much and Nevan did send me photos of how Happy Guinevere was. She would smile without any teeth and she would kick her leg. I got a video from that and it was so adorable.

When I got home I grabbed everything out of my car and locked my car. I walked into the house to see Nevan.

"Hello, sweet cheeks

"Hello, sweet cheeks. I missed you so much."Nevan said as he pulled me in a hug. He took a very deep breath before letting me go.

"I miss you too handsome. I just wanted to be in bed with you and our little girl."I said

Nevan and I kissed and I walked to the kitchen where I took all my dishes into the kitchen. I then see Guinevere who is sucking on her hand while the other hand is in the air.

"Are those fingers yummy?"I asked and Guinevere started kicking her legs.

"Do I have a happy baby?"I asked and Guinevere kicked her legs again.