12

"So what." I shrugged as Nabi looked at me, a devious smirk written on her face, and her eyebrows slightly raised.

"What happened? Did my basketball skills not impress you enough?" Sunghoon ran his fingers through his hair, grabbing my drink and drinking some of it.

Nabi took this as her cue to go to the toilet, or more likely, probably go and see Heeseung.

Now we were just sat here together, while some of his fangirls were shouting at him, giggling and whatever else they were doing.

"You could try harder." I looked everywhere but wherever he was, knowing fine well he was probably the best on the court.

Sunghoon let out a scoff.

"Alright, I wanna see you p-" But before he could speak, a voice interrupted him.

"Hey, Seoyeon, move up." Chaeyoung approached our row, and asked me to move up. I didn't really want to, and reluctantly, I moved over to the chair Nabi was sat on.

Goddamn it.

Well, I guess I get to see how bad everybody says she is.

Sunghoon let out a very small, inaudible groan, throwing his head back and closing his eyes for a second.

"Good job Sunghoonie!" She pulled out a towel from nowhere, dabbing his neck and forehead. I placed my hand over my face, trying to suppress my laughter. I don't know why, I could just sense his annoyance right now.

He sat back up straight, giving a little sigh. I simply went on my phone, minding my business as I just overheard what was going on.

Suddenly, Sunghoon leant his head on my shoulder, staring at my phone. I heard Chaeyoung clear her throat, awkwardly sitting there with the towel in her lap.

"You smell good." His words slurred, he was probably tired as hell, but he still had the other half of the game to play.

"Jasmines." I responded, scrolling through some Instagram posts, one of my old town friends had messaged me.

"Here, Sunghoon." Chaeyoung held out a bottle of water, Sunghoon took it, just holding it as he rest on my shoulder still.

He had like another 10 minutes till he had to play.

j43_hyng: seoyeon! where u been???

syeon: i moved to seoul :^(

syeon: i go to college here

j43_hyng: whaat???

j43_hyng: and you didnt even see me off?

j43_hyng: k. i see.

Sunghoon simply watched me text him, not saying a word, but strangely enough, I could feel his jaw clenching.

"Who's that?" He had the courage to ask, his voice trying it's hardest to not sound annoyed.

"Eh, just some friend from Jeonju." I explained, and he gave a low scoff.

syeon: ill see u again one day :)))

syeon: maybe not this week but the next?

j43_hyng: sounds good! just text me when ur free

Sunghoon let out a chuckle at that text, lifting his head up from my shoulder and tying his shoelaces or something like that. He stood up, without even saying anything.

Chaeyoung also stood up, smiling at Sunghoon and walking up the stairs with him, wow, how petty. He didn't even say bye to me or anything. I reached down to get my drink, until I realised he swapped my drink with Chaeyoungs.

I shook my head, staring at the fresh bottle of water instead of my drink.

This guy.

He stepped on the court, the whistle blew, game resumed.

Now, I am not an expert on basketball, but Sunghoon was definitely playing aggressively. He was not taking shit from that team at all, he wasn't laughing or cheering when he scored points, nor did he celebrate.

Don't even tell me this guy was frustrated over my old town friend.

The game ended, and he walked over to his team, clasping hands and talking for a bit. You could still see the anger written on his face, he didn't crack a smile, or a laugh, or anything aside from a stoic expression.

I was about to stand up and leave, just like everyone else, till Chaeyoung actually made her way onto the court, walking over to Sunghoon who was wiping his hair with a towel.

They were talking, Sunghoon seemed to barely say anything, just trying to pack up and get out of there. On the other hand, Chaeyoung kept trying to offer him things to eat, drink, use, anything, just pestering him.

"Seoyeon? You coming?" Nabi asked, cutting me out of my stare as I nodded, walking with her.

It was a peaceful walk, we were both quiet, till she cut the silence.

"You and Sunghoon huh? Shame Chaeyoung is in the way." She randomly mentioned, I dart my head to look at her.

"What are you even talking about?" I pretended to look shocked about her claim, she read straight through me and gave a laugh.

"Come on, we can all see the chemistry, don't think nobody saw you two when Sunghoon placed his head on your shoulder." Nabi chuckled.

"Hey, don't get it wrong, it's just an act of kindness. You know.. he was tired.. or something like that..." My tone of voice became quieter by the end of my sentence, finally realising she might just be right.