49

A FEW WEEKS LATER

Thankfully, everything after Chaeyoung and Jay, became better. Since the humiliation, Chaeyoung and Jay were both banished from campus grounds, therefore no trace of them was left and we all could live peaceful lives.

The relationship between me and Sunghoon flourished, obviously there were some hard times and rarely arguments, but it was nothing we couldn't solve.

There were a few months left of university, and thank god, because it was not the life I had anticipated. I expected a peaceful life, however, the start was the complete opposite of peaceful.

The whole group was walking out of the campus grounds.

"You know, I actually have a really nice penthouse we can both move into." Sunghoon whispered, his hand snaking around my waist as we walked.

"You're only saying this now?" I looked at him, raising a brow in confusion as he smiled guiltily.

"Hey, you're lucky I told you now, I was supposed to keep this a secret til next month." He rolled his eyes playfully as I gave a huge grin.

"You're serious?" I could not believe what I was hearing, it's not everyday you get to move into a luxurious penthouse in your early twenties.

"Alright guys, stop with the flexing, some of us have to work for something like that." Heeseung scoffed, obviously joking as Nabi smiled.

"You better invite us for housewarming or I'm gonna write a complaint." Nabi looked at us two, a smirk forming on her face.

"Yeah yeah, stay jealous." Sunghoon retort back with a smug grin on his face.

As we approached the main roads, a familiar figure stood outside the campus grounds. None other than Jay, as he noticed us walking towards his direction, he scurried towards us, plead displayed on his face.

Our smiles were wiped off our face, and Sunghoon's face solidified into another block of ice. His duality between coldness and being a sweetheart was still a shock to me each time, even after this long of dating.

Seriously though, Sunghoon being mad is someone you didn't want to experience or provoke, that man could be seriously scary.

Yet he never ever got frustrated with me, he had patience and understood my points each time. I don't know what I did to get rewarded with such a man like him, but either way, I'm the most thankful.

"Hey guys." Jay gave a low bow with his head, he looked over at me and flashed a very miniscule, apologetic smile, "Hey Seoyeon."

Sunghoon stared down Jay, not moving his gaze away at all.

"What do you want." Sunghoon demanded an answer, this was no question, no yes or no answer, if you don't answer you're done.

"Listen, don't get the wrong idea." Jay sighed, finally gaining the courage to look up at all of us, his eyes showing deep regret and apology, "I just came here to wish you all good luck with your life, and you know, specifically, apologise."

Silence hung over us collectively for a second, we were unsure of what to do about this situation, it was pretty awkward, since Jay had really done some damage in the past - and God knows - if Sunghoon wasn't so understanding, my life could've turned out so much different.

"Pfft, you're sorry?" Sunghoon immediately sprung into a bitter attack, even though I could feel the sincerity. I nudged him lightly, looping my arm through his arm.

"Yes. Yes, I am very sorry. And I know my apology won't cut all the shit I've done, but I feel so bad." Jay gave a small sigh, his eyes looked tired, "I wanna apologise to you specifically Seoyeon, I was a piece of shit to you, and I was just jealous that you actually loved Sunghoon and he loved you." He went on.

Sunghoon gave some really vigorous nods, agreeing with everything Jay was saying. I let out a small, quiet laugh at Sunghoon's actions.

"Yeah.. you were an asshole." I don't think I could forgive him right now.

"I understand if you all still hate me, I would too if I was in your place. God, I'm such an idiot." Jay rubbed his head, "I wish I could turn back time."

"Are you just going to rant to us or what?" Sunghoon snapped back again, there was no stopping this guy even in an empathetic moment like this.

"Sorry. I'm sorry and I won't ever bother you again. So sorry." He gave a deep bow, for a few seconds, before standing up and walking off.

"Just jealous because I love you and you love me, yeah, that's right." Sunghoon said to himself quietly, repeating what Jay said previously.

I gave a laugh.

"You're so weird." I said with a smile.