Episode 28

----------۝----------
THIRD PERSON'S POV
----------۝----------

Jisoo entered the room with the tray of food but finding y/n curled up on her bed made her sigh in worry.

Striding closer, she placed the tray aside before bending to her level.

"Mistress?"

Y/n looked up at her. Her eyes damp and puffed. She's clearly been crying the entire night.

"I thought we were past these things.", she wiped her cheeks, sitting up on the bed.

Jisoo sighed, about to kneel in front of her but before she could, yn pulled her up, making her sit besides her.

"Just call me y/n, Jisoo. We're friends.", y/n sniffed making jisoo nod with an anxious expression.

"You need to strengthen yourself.", jisoo wiped her tears, giving her an optimistic smile.

"How are you okay with it Jisoo? With everything that's happening around how do you even mange to smile?"

Jisoo only smiled wider.

"If you put your smile in other people's control then believe me, you can never smile."

She held onto y/n's hand before giving it a squeeze of reassurance.

"Now tell me. Why are you crying? And what exactly happened last night. I'm not sure but a part of me feels that he got to know about the....", she looked back to the door before turning.

"The commander."

"He did.", y/n sniffed making jisoo's eyes widen. "But that's the least of our worries."

"W-Why?"

"Because he told me that the commander isn't actually working for the government. He's just using them to climb his way up to the throne. Do you think he's right?", her eyes searched in jisoo's for an answer.

The latter contemplated for a moment before inhaling a sharp breath. Y/n could see the clear answer in her eyes even before she said anything.

"I...."

"We were getting betrayed.", y/n laughed closing her eyes as pain coursed through her every single vein.

Jisoo stayed quiet. She knew the commander was not a nice man. But she couldn't think that he would actually be the same as the dictator. Stepping on other's freedom to achieve his goal.

"Do you know how Lee Hana died?", y/n's sudden question left jisoo startled.

"I don't exactly know. But I only heard the workers saying that.... he killed her."

"The dictator said the same.", y/n breathed. "He killed Lee Hana after getting her father's post, because after that he apparently didn't need her anymore. He can go to any length for gaining more power and influence."

They both realized the severity of the situation.

On one side was the eccentric dictator, barbaric and unfamiliar to the word mercy.

On the other was someone similar, yet hidden under the facade of calmness.

They were both the death of the state's people, and their freedom and happiness.

Who could they even choose to side with now that the truth was out?

They had no more options now. The only one left was to let the higher-ups' play their dices.