PART 44

TAYLOR'S POV:

I'm sitting in the passangers seat of Tom's brand new car. He just bought a black Audi RS and said he wanted to test it out with me. I'm looking out of the window as the city lights and buildings sorounding us becomes a blur. 

"I like this feeling." I say looking at Tom. He was bitting his lips as he pressed harder against the gas pedal. The road wasn't quite empty but Tom was a skilled enough driver to avoid the other cars, at least I hope so.

His gaze lingered on me for a moment before he focused on the road and answered. "What feeling, of driving in a expensive car?" He said as the corners of his lips tugged up in a smile.

I shook my head looking ahead of me. "Just driving freely around the city. I like how fast we're going, it's making me fly away from reality." The last few days have been nothing but hell to me. Everyone gave me dirty looks, Tristan was the only one that stuck up for me. Dylan however avoided eye contact at all cost. Before those stuff spread around he still looked at me occasionaly when I passed by him or when we saw each other at lunch or some bs. Now he avoids me like a cat avoids water. I'm not complaining but it still makes me feel at un-ease. 

Tom doesn't really seem bothered by everything that's happening in our life. He's pretty much chill about it other than the first few days. He had lost his cool in class one day when a student made dirty jokes about him. I didn't really blame the student, whatever he had said about Tom was true indeed. "Losing your mind just makes you more broken when you get it back, baby." He said in his usual deep tone. His hand moved to the top of my thigh as he started caressing it with his thumb.

My breaths got a bit heavy. "How good was your literature in school?" I joke looking at him. He turned the steering wheel exiting the highway we were on as he slowed down the car. His cornrows gleamed from the street lights outside pointing out his dark features.

"I was the top student in my class, what does that information tell you?" He raised his eyebrow stopping at a red light as he turned to look at me. His gaze fell down to my body for a second before meeting my eyes again. 

"It tells me that you were a big ass nerd." I smirked leaning closer to him. 

A smirk fell to his lips as his hand moved to my cheek. He brushed his thumb over it before he grabbed my jaw and pulled my face closer to his. "Awh, too bad you only like bad guys. Am I an exception?"

"You guessed it, guess that makes you a fat ass nerd." I said in a sarcastic tone before my lips met his and I got pulled in a quick but lustfull kiss. His tounge caressed mine for a moment before he had to pull away and the warmness of his lips on mine was gone. 

I sighed and leaned back in my seat a bit annoyed that we were currently on a road. Suddenly, my phone rang unexpectedly. At first I thought it was my mom calling to know where I went since I sneaked out but it was someone else instead. I cringed a bit at the callers ID. It was Ria's mom. I had her number for emergencies but I only ever called when I couldn't reach Ria. Well, that was obviously before our fight.

"Ria's mom is calling me." I say looking at Tom as I saw his face expression slightly change for a moment before it went back to normal. I ignored it figuring out it was because of the things that she told him.  

"Answer if you want." He said in a dry tone, the playfullness in his tone complitely gone. It's crazy how much a few words can change a person. I feel bad for Tom.

I look back at my phone screen reading the caller's ID over and over again. "Okay." I said quietly as I decided to see what this bullshit was about. I clicked the green button as I brought the phone to my ear. "Hello?"

"Taylor, Hi. I'm sorry for disturbing you this late at night but is Ria at your house by any chance?" Her mom's voice echoed through the speakers in a worried tone making me confused. Ria wasn't a school for a few days but I didn't really look much into it thinking she was sick. This however makes me doubt my suspicion.

I glanced at Tom before I answered Ria's mother. "No, why? Did something happen?" I ask a bit worried. Despite our fight about her trying to get with my boyfriend she was still my long-time best friend. I couldn't just not care about her so suddenly. It'll take me years to complitely move on. We've been friends for 9 year after all.

"She didn't show up for about a week now. It's scaring me. We've tried to contact the police but they keep shoving us away saying that she'll probably come back. Her phone is here so we can't possibly reach her." Her mom's words made my mind go blank. This was crazy. Ria running away from home was weird. She liked her house and her parents, she always talked how she'll live in the same house as she grew up in untill she dies. The love for her parents made it hard to believe aswell.

"That's tragic. I hope she'll come back home soon. I can't imagine what you're going through." I said over the phone as worry crept up inside me.

______________________________________________

Hey guys, Sorry for not uploading I've been super super budy with school. My first semester just passed and I had a ton of grades to fix and just studies overall. It's been a hard month but I managed to get through it. My mood for writting has also fallen a bit and I don't really know if I'll continue writting any more stories after I finish these two. 

I love you guys and thank you so much for all of the support❤️