Chapter 4 - Between the Lion's Teeth

We walked to the changing rooms in silence. 

Entering the tent, we were the only people there. Everyone was still at the stadium, most likely trying to decide whether it was truly a foul or not.

I crashed on to a stool and started undoing the strings tied around my knee guards. Sebastian had disappeared back outside and I presumed was heading back to the stadium to see if he could interject on the foul placed on his behalf.

I removed the guard and didn't bother with properly undoing the rest. I just yanked them off one by one, finally being able to just change the wet clinging wool on my torso. I took it off and dropped it on the floor with a small thud. The weight of the water had made it unbearably heavy, only being able to truly notice it when actually taking it off. No one was near so I reached for a regular House jumper from my bag. I didn't plan on changing in a public space so I didn't have much of spare clothes on me. I was thankful I had at least grabbed my bag, which after Garreth's help, I grabbed everywhere just as a precaution.

As I scrunched up the sweater to put it over my head, Sebastian walked back into the tent.

"BLIMEY SORRY!" he looked and whipped himself immediately around to exit the tent. 

"A BIT TOO OFTEN THESE ACCIDENTAL INSTANCES HAVE HAPPENED ON YOUR PART" I panically shoved the jumper on, feeling my face burn crimson.

"I didn't think you were changing!" Sebastian yelled from outside the tent.

"In a changing room? Of course not. I was just playing exploding snap with myself," I kept swearing under my breath. 

Again? Really? 

Was I just so keen to be publicly naked this year?

"Can I come in?" he earnestly asked after a small pause.

"Yes," I answered, "I would have appreciated if you asked that before," mumbled the last part to myself not knowing if he would hear it.

He came in starring at the ground. His face slightly red.

"I am fully dressed," I reminded him.

"Yes," he rose his eyes from the ground.

He paced around thinking of what to say.

"It's been a scantily dressed time for us," he tried to joke, cusping his hands and looking at me.

I stood in shock for his choice of words.

"I mean you also saw me in a towel!" he realise his awkward wording, "One of the first nights back!"

"You saw me twice," I corrected him.

"Well, do you want me to undress in front of you to be even?" Sebastian answered and looked at me resignedly.

Suddenly we both blushed from his suggestion.

"I mean if you feel that would make us even and we can be friends again I don-"

"It's fine," I interrupted him wanting this conversation to end. "Please, do not undress yourself in front of me," I said needing to suppress a laugh.

"Ok," Sebastian equally now tried not to laugh. "Can we be friends again?" he asked simply with a shy smile.

"Yes," I said with my heart feeling lighter.

He went and sat down on a bench not far from me. We listened briefly to some distant muttering.

"Did you go back to the stadium when you were out?" I finally asked him after a silence that felt like forever.