Chapter 22 - A Slytherin Celebration*

We opened the common room as a roaring came from just the turn of the door knob.

There were green and silver fireworks shooting across the room as music was blaring. As we opened the door and were seen, a huge cheer erupted. 

Suddenly I felt somebody pick me up and lift me on their shoulder, pumping their fist in the air. 

"NATRIX, NATRIX, NATRIX" students were chanting, clinking glasses of various liquids.

There was a never ending selection of beverages, the common room feeling like a broom closet with how many people there were. 

I looked down at Imelda as she was looking at everything that was happening. I poked the big Slytherin bloke holding me up and pointed at her. 

Without any effort he leaned to pull her up on his other shoulder. He extended his arms in the air as if to bring attention and as if to aid our balance. The cheers erupted even louder than before as a student by the windows to cast a huge snake out of light to slither through the air towards us. 

I got spooked as it evaporated right before us but laughed as it did.

The bloke finally lowered us down to accept a small glass of clear liquid another student was offering him. He threw it back in to his throat, laughing uncontrollably as he swallowed. 

"Gigglewater," Imelda whispered laughing herself now.

Students just kept coming up to me and Imelda to congratulate us. 

"How are you even walking!?" one yelled as others cheered in response. 

I gave a smile and looked down at my clothes wanting to quickly change. 

Imelda was suddenly surrounded by our Quidditch team mates but Sebastian was not anywhere in sight. I took my leave and tried to sneak back to the dormitory to quickly change. 

When making my way down, students kept stopping me and I needed to repeat myself every five seconds to say "I'll just quickly change!"

I finally made it down the steps of the dormitories were it was less busy. Nevertheless, almost every door was open, some students popping into to drop stuff or pick up more bottles, firecrackers, small potions and even a wizard's pipe for smoking. 

I shook my head as I finally made it to my room. Nobody was inside and I went in and closed the door. I pulled the sweater over my head and undershirt all in one go, throwing it to the floor. I grabbed a white loose linen blouse and slid it over already making it back to the door to exit. 

When I opened the door I saw Sebastian heading upstairs. 

"Hey!" I yelled, rolling up my blouse sleeve.

He also had seemed to have left to change, being in brown trousers and a grey knitted sweater. 

He turned his head and stood to wait for me to catch up to him. 

"Our Quidditch champion," he greeted me waiting at the stairs. "I assume the conversation with Imelda went alright?" he asked suspicious.

"Imelda is my friend and she has proven herself to be trustworthy," I repeated after myself. 

"The Unbreakable Vow. Do you know what you have done?" he asked with a tone that suggested I had made a huge mistake, but the tenderness in his eyes towards me had remained unchanged.

The impact of my fall had lingered with him.

"Yes I do. But it has nothing to do with last year," I again repeated, making myself more clear. "Where is Ominis?" I asked wanting the subject to change.