Chapter 53 - Retribution

It had been weeks. 

The everyday was consumed by school and occasional dance lessons. Word had spread that Ominis could dance incredibly well and each lesson he was awaited by a crowd of girls fighting to be in line to face him.

He found the newfound attention awkward, but I caught him smiling when Grace bid him farewell after practice. 

I was happy that he was happy. 

Regarding me and Sebastian, we had resumed the dynamic where we would not look or acknowledge each other. I saw him walking to or coming from class, and if we shared one, I found him as far from me as he could be.

During Transfiguration, my hands itched as I watched him buried deep in book that had an obviously ill fitting dust jacket as Professor Weasley speaking in a monotone voice about the Cleaning Charm.

"Miss Natrix," she suddenly called out my name and I jumped. "Please focus your attention to the class material rather than fellow students."

My face burned crimson red as students around me laughed. 

Both Professor Weasley and Ronan had not spoken to me about the scene I had caused to go to London. The only thing that had changed was that Professor Ronan occasionally looked and shook his head at me at random and Professor Weasley was... unapproachable. 

She would direct attention or scold me anytime I would see her around the castle. 

"Should you not be in the library miss Natrix or do you consider yourself completely competent of all 6th year material?" 

She once interrupted me and Imelda heading to the pitch to do some laps.  

It was the least I could be complaining about from what could have been the potential consequence of my actions. It stung to remember her warmth and kindness the beginning of 5th year. That was all now clouded with a deep resentment. 

She was so nosey about mine and Fig's business. 

She did nothing after he died. 

She sent me back to the muggle orphanage, putting a letter in my hand to go my merry way. 

She took pleasure in publicly shaming me.

I kept starring at my parchment and quill. Sebastian definitely was now aware of my focus to him.  

Like it would change anything. 

_____

The class was over and before I even could pack my bag, he was out the door. 

A paper plane zoomed into my chest and unfolded itself on the table. 

'Plummy Tart'

I was being called a whore by my own year. 

I scrunched and shoved the note in my pocket as I heard snickering behind my back. I didn't want to turn to look. I didn't want to know who it was. I took my last book in my hand and went for the door. 

*cough* harlet *cough*

I tightened my grip on my bag and squeezed past the few students walking out of the door. I shot a look at Professor Weasley who was organising her desk. She had definitely heard what was said and she was doing nothing about it. 

The corner of my lip pulled into a sneer at her as I walked out of the door. It was as if I was a predator at sea, everyone avoided me, taking a few steps away from me to not risk even being associated.